Duquette says signing Davis a priority.

33rdst

I'm sorry to have missed the parade, but how many pennants have we won with Manny, Davis and AJones in the heart of the order? Why pay Davis so much? We can lose with or without him

Maybe Trout will be available because he hasn't won ding-dong in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say there was a point in the season when Machado was our best offensive player. There was a point when Jimmy Paredes was our best offensive player. There was no point in the season when either was doing what Davis has been doing.

He's been one of the best hitters in baseball since the All-Star Break, slashing a terrifying .327/.411/.765 with 15 home runs and 36 RBI over 27 games. The numbers are simply staggering.

Agreed. Davis' peaks are far higher than anyone else on the team's.

What was he going to say.Davis is not a priority and we don't expect to sign him? Not a good move in front of your season ticket holders.

DD in December, we put a competitive offer on the tabke.We did not think the years and dollar amount were going to make that contract sustainable. We now have Pearce and Parmalee to play first base. Pearce had a good half year in 2014.Parmalee plays a fine defensive first base,hit for a week in the majors and was a first round pick We see these two as being major players in the success of the Orioles in 2016 and beyond.

That is my take as well.

Davis will probably go into one of his slumps before the season ends.He can get real cold.We shall see. Might lower his price a little but also might destroy the Orioles playoff chances.

We shall see indeed. But some conversation on the boards would change from "he's too expensive for the Orioles" to "he's not worth paying for his production". In the end, same argument.

Well the correct answer is one...but as your snark clearly misses, with all three in the line up the Orioles have been the best team in the AL. You could look it up but it's much easier to miss the parade I guess. Cleaning up after that great 13 year run no doubt. :rolleyes:

Mike trout is a bum, how many rings does he have? Same with that Stanton character...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During his tenure with the O's CD has produced at a rate of approximately 3.3 WAR per year. He'll command roughly 20-22 million per year. He turns 30 next March. My guess is that the O's will offer him four years 80 million. Boras will try to get him 5-6 years at the same AAV. Will the O's go to five? Can they afford to sink this much of their budget into one player?

Davis will be over valued. but the Orioles don't save on one player to spend on another or others. If they don't sign Davis, it will be like Cruz and Nick, AAAA. Players, scrap bin players, or player who were all star caliber players for a few months a couple of years ago

Um... well the difference between this off season, and last off season, is the amount of $$$ coming off the books. Last off season saw a huge jump in arbitration numbers that almost made up for the FA money. This season will see another jump in arbitration for players like Machado (un-extended) and Tillman, but the team will still have $40 mil to play with. If they do nothing to improve the team, it will be way too transparent. They'll have to say they're rebuilding (which may not be a bad strategy, I just want to hear honesty).

During his tenure with the O's CD has produced at a rate of approximately 3.3 WAR per year. He'll command roughly 20-22 million per year. He turns 30 next March. My guess is that the O's will offer him four years 80 million. Boras will try to get him 5-6 years at the same AAV. Will the O's go to five? Can they afford to sink this much of their budget into one player?

That is exactly what happened with Cruz if I'm correct -- the Orioles wouldn't go the extra year.

Since he'll be only 30 next season, I don't think it will be tough for Chris to get five or six years. It's years seven and eight that will have teams like the O's squirming, and with good reason.

Archived