Duquette says signing Davis a priority.

33rdst

Orioles are going to give him a Texiera offer. A laughable troll style offer.

"OK, Deputy, 4 years 60 million dollars! Sign right here" - O's GM

*Chris Davis and Agent leaves signing with Nationals*

O's GM day later...

"We tried to sign Chris. We made an lucrative offer and he refused"

I'll have the winning powerball numbers shortly, too!

The Teixeira offer actually presented the highest AAS but the fewest years. Change your prediction to 4 years and $100M ($25 per year), and that's a sad but probable scenario I could see happening.

Davis will gladly take the 7y/150 for lower AAS from someone.

Actually Teixeira is coincidentally extremely relevant. Boras will point to the season Tex is having in year 7 of an 8 year deal as sign of how productive a long term contract can be. Even from the "grave" Tex still haunts us...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we make the playoffs, Duke will be able to tell the fans " see, my way works." And rightfully so.

If we don't make the playoffs, it's going to be hard to keep all those new season ticket plans from last year if Duke makes his typical quad A signings. Davis is gonna make bank, and while I don't think we should get ridiculous, we do need to make legit offers to him and not the typical Orioles offers.

Well, Rick Dempsey just said that he's the reincarnate of Babe Ruth. So he might be pricey.

The same Rick Dempsey who last night called Showalter one of the best managers in the history of the game? I thought it was a bit early for that kind of proclamation.

If we make the playoffs, Duke will be able to tell the fans " see, my way works." And rightfully so.

If we don't make the playoffs, it's going to be hard to keep all those new season ticket plans from last year if Duke makes his typical quad A signings. Davis is gonna make bank, and while I don't think we should get ridiculous, we do need to make legit offers to him and not the typical Orioles offers.

I'm sorry to have missed the parade, but how many pennants have we won with Manny, Davis and AJones in the heart of the order? Why pay Davis so much? We can lose with or without him

Agreed. I'm not sure what all the excitement is about.. what do you expect him to say?

Color me skeptical when it comes to the O's shelling out big money. We always talk a good game and usually don't make competitive offers for big name free agents.

I'm sorry to have missed the parade, but how many pennants have we won with Manny, Davis and AJones in the heart of the order? Why pay Davis so much? We can lose with or without him

Sadly paying money to Frank and Eddie isn't a possibility. We kinda have to pay young active major leaguers (most of whom don't have a ring) if we want a competitive team.

Well the correct answer is one...but as your snark clearly misses, with all three in the line up the Orioles have been the best team in the AL. You could look it up but it's much easier to miss the parade I guess. Cleaning up after that great 13 year run no doubt. :rolleyes:

The same Rick Dempsey who last night called Showalter one of the best managers in the history of the game? I thought it was a bit early for that kind of proclamation.

Dempsey is our own little low-power AM talk radio host, constantly having to buy new dials after breaking them off trying to make them go to 11.

We've been a very good team with those three guys and some others. The fact that we haven't won a pennant doesn't negate the fact that this has been a hell of a lot better than the previous 14 years, and in fact is arguably the best 3-4 year run this team has had since winning the World Series in 1983.

Davis will be very hard to replace, but every player has a price point where it makes more sense to try to replace him than to keep him, and Davis may reach that point.

I was trying to come up with a snarky response to this, but I can't even come up with a convoluted, nonsensical path that ends up with this statement. The O's haven't won a pennant with these guys so... uh... they might as well let everybody go... or something? Because not winning the pennant makes you a loser? What?

Few players can do what Crush can do when he's hot. Of course, he's not hot all the time. But it's fun to ride the wave when he is.

Agreed - after the no-no, the blown save and the four run deficit to begin the game, can it get any better than that sloppy bunt into the bleachers? :scratchchinhmm:

Machado is a great all around player but he can't do what Nelson Cruz did at times last year and what Davis did in 2013 and what he's doing now.

Davis' wRC+ is all of two points higher then Machado's.

And this is while Davis is in the midst of a torrid streak.

And Machado is seven years younger.

Davis' wRC+ is all of two points higher then Machado's.

And this is while Davis is in the midst of a torrid streak.

And Machado is seven years younger.

Davis will be over valued. but the Orioles don't save on one player to spend on another or others. If they don't sign Davis, it will be like Cruz and Nick, AAAA. Players, scrap bin players, or player who were all star caliber players for a few months a couple of years ago

Archived