Duquette says signing Davis a priority.

33rdst

Orioles are going to give him a Texiera offer. A laughable troll style offer.

"OK, Deputy, 4 years 60 million dollars! Sign right here" - O's GM

*Chris Davis and Agent leaves signing with Nationals*

O's GM day later...

"We tried to sign Chris. We made an lucrative offer and he refused"

I'll have the winning powerball numbers shortly, too!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He made the statement as part of his answer during the season ticket holder session. Good news. Also said we will sign some of our other free agents. Probably important to mention now that he said signing Davis is a priority. He did not say he would sign him at all cost. Some people will see those statements as one and the same.

I'd be shocked if we were aggressive with anyone meaningful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davis with Boras as his free agent - Try 7 years/22m per year. 154m. The O's will not go there. And shouldn't.

They might be able to sign Parra. 3/9m. 27m.

Chen with Boras. 5/14m. 70m. O's could be in on him.

Wieters? McCann was hurt the year before he went FA. Still got 5/85. That is where I expect Wieters to be.

O'Day. Probably 3/21. But do the O's want to spend their money that way when they have Britton, Brach, Givens, McFarland, Drake, Roe, Cabral, Triggs, Toliver, Garcia, Berry, S. Johnson and Beato. And that is not counting Wright, Wilson and Miranda who could start or relieve.

Davis with Boras as his free agent - Try 7 years/22m per year. 154m. The O's will not go there. And shouldn't.

They might be able to sign Parra. 3/9m. 27m.

Chen with Boras. 5/14m. 70m. O's could be in on him.

Wieters? McCann was hurt the year before he went FA. Still got 5/85. That is where I expect Wieters to be.

O'Day. Probably 3/21. But do the O's want to spend their money that way when they have Britton, Brach, Givens, McFarland, Drake, Roe, Cabral, Triggs, Toliver, Garcia, Berry, S. Johnson and Beato. And that is not counting Wright, Wilson and Miranda who could start or relieve.

That's what I'm thinking also. Thanks for summary and all else you do!

What was he going to say.Davis is not a priority and we don't expect to sign him? Not a good move in front of your season ticket holders.

DD in December, we put a competitive offer on the tabke.We did not think the years and dollar amount were going to make that contract sustainable. We now have Pearce and Parmalee to play first base. Pearce had a good half year in 2014.Parmalee plays a fine defensive first base,hit for a week in the majors and was a first round pick We see these two as being major players in the success of the Orioles in 2016 and beyond.

What was he going to say.Davis is not a priority and we don't expect to sign him? Not a good move in front of your season ticket holders.

DD in December, we put a competitive offer on the tabke.We did not think the years and dollar amount were going to make that contract sustainable. We now have Pearce and Parmalee to play first base. Pearce had a good half year in 2014.Parmalee plays a fine defensive first base,hit for a week in the majors and was a first round pick We see these two as being major players in the success of the Orioles in 2016 and beyond.

i am thinking Mancini or Walker at 1B.

Maybe Parra. But signing Christopher Lynn Davis? Ummm, not happening. We are not going for a 150 million dollar contract.

I don't think any of the others will be signed. And some posters have said maybe Matt takes a QO....ha, ha, ha! Just repeat to yourself, Scott Boras, Scott Boras, Scott Boras. Wieters will get a hugely stupid deal from some team. He will NOT be the first player to take a QO.

Speaking as someone who advocated a 6/120 contract before the 2014 season (i.e., the winter before he hit .196), take it from me that you should never talk about a prospective CD contract when he's "torrid."

Agreed, though this is one long torrid streak. That game winning homer was ridiculous. Chris looked like a tennis player hitting a backhand at full extension down at his shins, and still whacked it out of there. For most guys, if they hit that at all it's a 250-foot fly ball at best.

Archived