vs. ROYALS, 8/24

OFFNY

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a pop fly. He plays back. It's routine. Sick and tired of people excusing playing short. Tons of runs over the last few weeks have been scored because of the outfield being in. Be extra inning game in LA or tonight. No reason a ball should go over your head unless it's in the gap or over the fence.

Of course Jones should have been playing shallow - it was Omar Infante for crying out loud. If he blooped a single into shallow center, we would all be wondering why Jones was playing deep for a hitter with 1 HR and an OPS in the 500s.

You can't have it both ways. Infante just beat us there.

So I ask again, is it his fault or the coaching staff's? Not trying to be smart or rhetorical here--seriously interested in hearing people's thoughts on this.

It's Ubaldo's fault. That was Omar Infante at the plate, someone who is FAR more like to dink on in front of Adam than hit one 400 feet.

It was a .217 hitting no bat middle infielder. A major league pitcher isn't supposed to give up a 400 foot fly to Omar Infante.

All on Ubaldo IMO.

Infante is a career .272 hitter. Looking at this year stats is useless. He is a gap hitter. Means you play back not in.

I think we're going to make a run for the AL East cellar. The Sox have looked better in the second half, and we've looked like the worst team in baseball. This is just laughable. I'm going to burn all my Orioles garb. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of such a terrible team.

To punish the Orioles for being so horrible, I am not going to spend a single penny on any MLB or Orioles related activity or merchandise next year. An embarrassing team that makes a mockery of the sport does not deserve my money.

And you kids get off my lawn!

tumblr_nspw56Kipp1qzpn6vo1_500.gif

I think we're going to make a run for the AL East cellar. The Sox have looked better in the second half, and we've looked like the worst team in baseball. This is just laughable. I'm going to burn all my Orioles garb. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of such a terrible team.

To punish the Orioles for being so horrible, I am not going to spend a single penny on any MLB or Orioles related activity or merchandise next year. An embarrassing team that makes a mockery of the sport does not deserve my money.

ROFL Good story Bro!

So I ask again, is it his fault or the coaching staff's? Not trying to be smart or rhetorical here--seriously interested in hearing people's thoughts on this.

Firstly, you have to figure out if there is a "fault" at all. Is the team gaining defensive outs by playing where he is playing.

You can't rely on selective memory to determine if Jones' position is right, wrong, unlucky, or what.

Man, last year was a blast..This team just doesn't have much excitement to them besides the occasional nice plays by Manny and the HRs.

My heart tells me we still can turn things around and make a run at playoffs but my head knows this team isn't going anywhere especially with the other teams winning while we continue losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't expect anything else from this pitiful squad. Get to 5 games over .500, have a 4 game home set against an awful Twins team (9-21 in last 30 games entering that series) and they swept losing 3 games they should've won. Then up 3-1 in the 6th tonight they blow yet another lead. Isn't it truly incredible how bad this team is at holding leads? They're also equally as bad at making comebacks (unless they're playing the Athletics). Just leave it to this team to be 5 games over with a real shot at the playoffs and then lose 5 straight games, with 4 of them being games they easily should have won.

Also, get rid of Wieters. He is just terrible. And he's actually been worse than his numbers considering his BABIP is insanely high for his career. He's awful.

Archived