Buck to try to give his starters some rest

wildcard

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So with McFarland and Wright starting in the next round of the rotation all four starters will get a few days rest. Tillman, Chen, Gausman and Jimenez.

Where are you getting this information? I haven't heard anything about McFarland being announced as Saturday's starter, and I haven't heard that Wright will definitely be starting within the next week.

Where are you getting this information? I haven't heard anything about McFarland being announced as Saturday's starter, and I haven't heard that Wright will definitely be starting within the next week.

McFarland and Johnson were both ruled out of starting Friday night, because of the need to be used last night, according to Roch.

So now they are blaming the meltdown on the players being tired. Sure, it's a long season, but isn't it long for all the teams equally? If the players were being overused then that's wrong. Moves should have been made so that wouldn't happen. Citing injuries as an excuse does not fly.

Yeah, in general I think Buck tends to overuse his regulars, but that's certainly not the case this year. Between injuries/platoons/ineffectiveness, the O's have only 3 players who have played 100 or more games this year (Machado, Davis, Jones). For a team that has played 122 games, that seems like a surprisingly low amount.

By comparison, the Yankees have 9 players with 100+ games. The Blue Jays have 7.

Yeah, in general I think Buck tends to overuse his regulars, but that's certainly not the case this year. Between injuries/platoons/ineffectiveness, the O's have only 3 players who have played 100 or more games this year (Machado, Davis, Jones). For a team that has played 122 games, that seems like a surprisingly low amount.

By comparison, the Yankees have 9 players with 100+ games. The Blue Jays have 7.

Hard to play them 100 games when they have been on the DL.

Schoop hurt, Hardy hurt, Wieters hurt, Jones hurt, Pearce hurt.

How many days off combined have Machado, Schoop, Hardy and Jones had that were not due to a non-DL injury?

Hard to play them 100 games when they have been on the DL.

Schoop hurt, Hardy hurt, Wieters hurt, Jones hurt, Pearce hurt.

How many days off combined have Machado, Schoop, Hardy and Jones had that were not due to a non-DL injury?

Not many. But you could argue that there is less of a need to rest them since they already missed so many games while on the DL. They haven't had the wear and tear of a full season.

How about he think about giving Schoop and Machado a day off?

With last night's bonehead play of not tagging up on Pearce's would-be sac fly, Machado very well may need a day off to get his head straight. I'm also hoping that someone on the coaching staff or roster pulled him aside after that. If that didn't happen, we may have a worse situation, where the all stars are not held accountable, or perhaps better phrased "untouchable. From the sounds of it, Nelson Cruz may have been that guy who would pull Manny aside.

Was Johnson ever an option to start? He is a reliever only now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Roch must have heard something.

they couldn't push back Kevin Gausman to Friday night in Toronto. Steve Johnson and T.J. McFarland were needed in relief, eliminating them from consideration for tonight's start against the Rays

Archived