Os DFA Cabral, claim 1B Andy Wilkins off waivers

Crazysilver03

I thought Cabral days were numbered.

I am more interested in Wilkins. Can he play for the Tides in the playoffs? What are the player eligibility rules? Does he have to be in the lineup tomorrow to play in the playoffs?

30 homers and 85 RBI for Charlotte in the IL league in 2014.

26 year old Lefthanded 1B. Could get a look in ST.

Orioles better be getting something else to replace Davis cause Wilkins has a noodle of a bat.

O's could trade for Hanley Ramirez or Pablo Sandoval and put them at 3rd or 1st. Move Manny to short. Try to trade Hardy.

We probably see Wilkins and Walker when the Tides playoff run is over.

I want to see Trey Mancini. I think he's definitely for real.

I could be wrong but I don't expect Mancini to be promoted in September. No reason to waste a roster spot that can protect another player from the Rule 5 Draft. He is already protected because he does not have enough service to be eligible for the Draft.

I expect to see him in ST next year.

I could be wrong but I don't expect Mancini to be promoted in September. No reason to waste a roster spot that can protect another player from the Rule 5 Draft. He is already protected because he does not have enough service to be eligible for the Draft.

I expect to see him in ST next year.

It would make sense for the O's to give Mancinin a look to see how he hits ML pitching. I really want the O's to resign Davis, but the O's aren't a team to sign top free agents. The last top free agent O's signed was Tejada and it was a special case where there wasn't the usual competition.

Davis is the top 1B FA. I expect the O's to carefully prepare an offer for him that will be short of what he will sign for--see Texieria, Vlad, Mussina, etc, etc.

It would make sense for the O's to give Mancinin a look to see how he hits ML pitching. I really want the O's to resign Davis, but the O's aren't a team to sign top free agents. The last top free agent O's signed was Tejada and it was a special case where there wasn't the usual competition.

Davis is the top 1B FA. I expect the O's to carefully prepare an offer for him that will be short of what he will sign for--see Texieria, Vlad, Mussina, etc, etc.

You are not going to learn enough to make it worth losing the 40 man roster slot.

You are not going to learn enough to make it worth losing the 40 man roster slot.

Yeah, the O's are just packed with top prospects who need to be protected. :rolleyestf:

I'm betting the 35th man on most teams 40 man roster is better than the O's 40th. I would release DFA Urritia or someone similar and bring Mancini up.

Yeah, the O's are just packed with top prospects who need to be protected. :rolleyestf:

I'm betting the 35th man on most teams 40 man roster is better than the O's 40th. I would release DFA Urritia or someone similar and bring Mancini up.

Do you realize how little value there will be in calling him up?

He's better off taking a short breather before heading to the AFL.

Archived