Can Junior Lake be the O's 4th outfielder next year?

wildcard

Fowler, yes, though I don't think it is certain he gets a QO. Parra I'd give 3 years to. We have to fix the COF problem. That gives us excellent defense plus Parra can back up CF, giving us room on the roster for another bat like Morneau, to platoon at 1B with Pearce.

After his 63 OPS+ with the O's, I'm not so sure Parra's going to be that hot of an item this off-season. If the O's are interested at all, they might be able to get him on a shorter contract.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it Paul O'Neil that muffed a ball in RF for the Yankees, then ran after it and kicked it into the IF out of disgust/innovation?

Yeah, I wanted him to do that after he dropped the ball. Style points.

What shd Lake have done after his bad at-bats? Go jump in it I guess.

Fowler, yes, though I don't think it is certain he gets a QO. Parra I'd give 3 years to. We have to fix the COF problem. That gives us excellent defense plus Parra can back up CF, giving us room on the roster for another bat like Morneau, to platoon at 1B with Pearce.

Parra probably doesn't give us excellent defense, and he's an average hitter for his career. I don't think that fixes the COF problem so much as locks it in at an average-ish level. And if he hits like he has with the O's and his recent defensive metrics are real he locks in very poor performance.

Parra probably doesn't give us excellent defense, and he's an average hitter for his career. I don't think that fixes the COF problem so much as locks it in at an average-ish level. And if he hits like he has with the O's and his recent defensive metrics are real he locks in very poor performance.
Consider the alternatives. I don't think Parra will be a poor LF and I think he will be an average bat. Beggars can't be choosers. And I have Fowler in RF.

Consider the alternatives. I don't think Parra will be a poor LF and I think he will be an average bat. Beggars can't be choosers. And I have Fowler in RF.

I think you can get an average hitting/not terrible fielding LF for a lot less than Parra on a 3/30 deal. Or whatever it takes to sign him. I think I'd rather have Pearce than Parra, given likely costs.

I think you can get an average hitting/not terrible fielding LF for a lot less than Parra on a 3/30 deal. Or whatever it takes to sign him. I think I'd rather have Pearce than Parra, given likely costs.
Pearce is a RH platoon. I am not excited by Alverez, Uruttia, Lake, etc. And the FA COF that we can afford aren't that many. Span, Fowler, Jackson, Rasmus, Venable, and Parra. You sound like you want to do more dumpster diving and hope to find a better Travis Snyder.

Archived