Chen, Davis, Wieters All Get Qualifying Offers

wildcard

One of the players I will be watching to see if he gets a QO is Iwakuma. The Marniers just traded for Karns. Dipoto might be wondering if he offers Iwakuma a QO, he might take it.

Iwakuma is the kind of pitcher the O's might consider. They don't like long term contracts. Iwakuma age (35) may limit the number of years he gets in a contract. Maybe 2 years. I could see the O's doing that.

Who is the Free Agent you think the O's may be watching to see if they get a QO offer?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can see it going either way for Dexter Fowler. I'd like to see the O's in him if he doesn't get the QO.

I agree with you that I would love to see the O's pursue if there is no QO attached. I, however, think there is a pretty minimal chance the Cubs don't hit him with a QO. To me it's almost a no-brainer, given some of the projections I've seen for him (can't find the specific projections, but I recalled something in the 4/70-80 range. The following link does indicate the Cubs are expected to QO him: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/dexter-fowler )

Love his game, though, and as a fit for us here.

I can see it going either way for Dexter Fowler. I'd like to see the O's in him if he doesn't get the QO.

Markakis should have gotten one last year. Fowler should be a no-brainer this year. Age 29, career .363 OBP, with some power. He is looking at a five year deal in my opinion.

Per MLBTR, Cubs are expected to QO Fowler.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/10/cubs-seeking-pitching-trade-free-agency.html

One of the players I will be watching to see if he gets a QO is Iwakuma. The Marniers just traded for Karns. Dipoto might be wondering if he offers Iwakuma a QO, he might take it.

Iwakuma is the kind of pitcher the O's might consider. They don't like long term contracts. Iwakuma age (35) may limit the number of years he gets in a contract. Maybe 2 years. I could see the O's doing that.

Who is the Free Agent you think the O's may be watching to see if they get a QO offer?

A bunch: Iwakuma, Fowler, Lackey, Estrada. Gallardo, Anderson.

Would Iwakuma get a QO? He makes something like 7 now 15.8 for one year wouldlook pretty good to him. I heard he was thinking about returning to Japan so he might not be interested in a lot of years. Also they just picked up Karns so maybe they want to free money for a CD signing........:scratchchinhmm:

A bunch: Iwakuma, Fowler, Lackey, Estrada. Gallardo, Anderson.

I an a bit surprised Esrada got a QO. I was interested in him, but not with a QO. He may be best to take it, as I've got to think that having the loss of a draft pick added to the cost of signing him reduces the salary that he can command in the open market. I bet he isn't real happy that the Jays gave him a QO.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/marco-estrada-receives-qualifying-offer-blue-jays.html

Would Iwakuma get a QO? He makes something like 7 now 15.8 for one year wouldlook pretty good to him. I heard he was thinking about returning to Japan so he might not be interested in a lot of years. Also they just picked up Karns so maybe they want to free money for a CD signing........:scratchchinhmm:

Iwakuma will receive a QO as well.

Archived