If the Orioles want to be taken seriously, they need to make a splash signing fast...

birdcrazy

I will refute it.

I think that many will complain. I am certain that you and I will not.

I think that if we spend 50 million, and only win 95 games, we will get dinged for the way we win games. If only we were not so cheap, we would have won 105 and clinched home field throughout the playoffs.

Exceptions to the rule.

The average fan sure wasn't complaining when they were chanting for Delmon Young in 2014.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know who the average fan is, but my 5 brothers are fairly serious about the O's, they listen to all the local talk shows, and are fairly up on things, but every time I reference something I read here I am met with blank stares, and have to explain to them what the OH is. I doubt the average fan knows what a QO is or that today is the deadline. He/she may think Nick is still on the team. They think PA is Scrooge McDuck and Buck is great. They will be very upset if CD is gone. They don't care about picks. I wonder if they are even interested in the Hot Stove season.

I don't know who the average fan is, but my 5 brothers are fairly serious about the O's, they listen to all the local talk shows, and are fairly up on things, but every time I reference something I read here I am met with blank stares, and have to explain to them what the OH is. I doubt the average fan knows what a QO is or that today is the deadline. He/she may think Nick is still on the team. They think PA is Scrooge McDuck and Buck is great. They will be very upset if CD is gone. They don't care about picks. I wonder if they are even interested in the Hot Stove season.

This is all true.

And if the O's win 95 games next year, they'll be pissing themselves w joy.

They aren't new posters. And we have a very diverse group of respected positions that post here at all times. If we are going to start with the apologist, homer, optimist, negative nellie, name calling right away - I will nip it in the bud.

I did not point it at anyone in particular. If you feel the need

To nip by all means do so.

Drungo called a group of posters the we hate our fans group.

I was simply point out the other side... If you read the post that I responded to he is in the wait and see group. We have one of those every year and most ... Heck every year they end up be pretty unhappy with the offseason moves.

And yes .... I am pulling for the ownership change and always will.

Angelos will always be the owner that ruined the Orioles franchise.

You can't change my mind ... So no sense bothering.

I won't change your mind on your affection toward this owner. So I agree not to try either.

We go through this most every off season. I'm sure that once the dumpster diving and clearance sales are over some how people will be okay with waiting and

Seeing etc even though we've lost our best SP, RP, power hitter, and a player who will likely be considered for the bounce back player award (Wieters)

Sorry it's the way I feel

I will refute it.

I think that many will complain. I am certain that you and I will not.

I think that if we spend 50 million, and only win 95 games, we will get dinged for the way we win games. If only we were not so cheap, we would have won 105 and clinched home field throughout the playoffs.

They won't spend 50 million on this years team (average annual value). You can't be serious that you think they will?

Therefore saying people will be unhappy if they do and it doesn't work out is not a real scenario. If they spend 50 million I will acknowledge that they actually tried. But it's not happening.

I did not point it at anyone in particular. If you feel the need

To nip by all means do so.

I was simply point out the other side... If you read the post that I responded to he is in the wait and see group. We have one of those every year and most ... Heck every year they end up be pretty unhappy with the offseason moves.

And yes .... I am pulling for the ownership change and always will.

Angelos will always be the owner that ruined the Orioles franchise.

You can't change my mind ... So no sense bothering.

I won't change your mind on your affection toward this owner. So I agree not to try either.

We go through this most every off season. I'm sure that once the dumpster diving and clearance sales are over some how people will be okay with waiting and

Seeing etc even though we've lost our best SP, RP, power hitter, and a player who will likely be considered for the bounce back player award (Wieters)

Sorry it's the way I feel

No that's cool. You can hate him. I like you just fine. I just want to save you the pain of the tilt. I don't want to change your mind.

They won't spend 50 million on this years team (average annual value). You can't be serious that you think they will?

Therefore saying people will be unhappy if they do and it doesn't work out is not a real scenario. If they spend 50 million I will acknowledge that they actually tried. But it's not happening.

No, he was saying that if we only spent 50 million and we won some games that everyone would be happy. I told him that if that was all we spent, some folks would be unhappy that we did not spend and win more.

I was simply point out the other side...

Did not see that. But I think it has a level of humor beyond that of "apologist." I think all genuine fans here can have whatever view of our future or past that they want. I think Toronto, Red Sox, and Yankee fans who stop by will have a limited opportunity to make fun of you and I.

No, he was saying that if we only spent 50 million and we won some games that everyone would be happy. I told him that if that was all we spent, some folks would be unhappy that we did not spend and win more.

I firmly believe, even with a 110+ win season, you will still find some folks unhappy about something petty, just like 2 seasons ago, when the team had a 20 game lead on first, and not everybody was enjoying the dance while it last.

Archived