Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Wow: this Upton deal makes us look like morons.....

I would have preferred Upton to at 6/125 but the Tigers were in on Davis prior to moving to Upton so maybe Davis is actually a higher rates offensive player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL has ended, my team was eliminated from the playoffs yesterday.. so time to get back into full-time O's baseball mode.

I expect DD to add a SP and a couple fillers. I must admit, I'm not too upset with the off season, thus far.

Ready for Spring...

You don't the Detroit owner would just drive the price up further if we were bidding on him?

I didn't mention AAV just that the O's had more need of a CO, that I think Upton will perform better and that Upton only got six years.

Word was they were waiting for the price on Cespedes to go down so I don't know that they would have raised their bid on Upton.

Do we know they were actually in on Davis?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mike ilitch shows why he's 1 of best MLB owners. he was ready to go for davis before this. in tough al central, needed move</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">January 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Upton gets the opt out after year 2.

I didn't mention AAV just that the O's had more need of a CO, that I think Upton will perform better and that Upton only got six years.

Word was they were waiting for the price on Cespedes to go down so I don't know that they would have raised their bid on Upton.

We have no long term solution at first either. Who said anything about AAV? We don't know that Detroit wouldn't have gone to 7 years if we were in the bidding.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mike ilitch shows why he's 1 of best MLB owners. he was ready to go for davis before this. in tough al central, needed move</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="
">January 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Upton gets the opt out after year 2.

Jon being Scott.

Opt out after two years isn't great. You basically give him a 2 year deal with player options (in case he's hurt or sucks)

We have no long term solution at first either. Who said anything about AAV? We don't know that Detroit wouldn't have gone to 7 years if we were in the bidding.

Calm down and be happy that we signed a top Free Agent for the first time since 2003...while I agree that it made sense to go with Upton since we had Trumbo on the roster the orioles FO didn't and like we trust Ozzie I am going to trust DD

Archived