Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manny should be top priority, no doubt. Always has been. If either of these deals have a negative impact in regards to keeping him, well, he's gone anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to keep signing Manny in mind as you spend but you can't bank everything on signing him.

Ultimately he has to want to sign and there are limits financially at which signing him might become less attractive than dealing him for some stud prospects to add to the ones you draft this year.

I see adding in guys at a level that leaves you option of still signing Manny if a deal can be made as a positive. It makes it more likely that Manny will want to stay (competitive) and gives you some chance of maybe being not god awful if you do move him.

One thing we can all agree on is that the market is stronger then everyone believed...it will be interesting where cespedes land and for how much. The fast food smoking thing may hurt him though

I'm not convinced that Cespedes has seen anything better than our offer. If he has, why is Larry King still talking about things he is hearing? Someone might offer him our deal with an opt out....

He likes the area, and apparently wanted to sign here. Maybe he doesn't demand opt out from us.

Obviously, no way for me to tell, but at one point there looked to be almost no market for Upton which in turn his agent had to make a statement saying, the goal is to sign a long term contract and not settle for a one year pact.

There was also the rumor - Upton is the O's 2nd choice as they play the waiting game with Davis. Who knows, maybe at one point a 5yr 100mill deal gets it done but that's just pure speculation on my part. With Angelos obsession over signing Davis, a Upton to O's scenario was only a wish that would unfortunately never be fulfilled.

I'd be happy to take the pick in two years. The first two years are a lot less risky then the last four.

In a hypothetical world, where all draft picks can be traded, if someone offered you this year's #14 pick for this year's 30ish pick and a 30ish pick two years down the road, do you take it?

Heyman: hear mike ilitch was absolutely ready to sign chris davis before gm avila talked him out of it. j-up is (a bit) less $.

And two years younger, more consistent, steals bases, not dependent on drug adjudicated annually by MLB, and doesn't force anyone out of position. Kim/Jones/Upton in the OF, Trumbo at first, and Reimold DH (until injured). Hits right-handed, but his career .805 OPS vs. RHP is pretty good--and he mauls LHP (.273/.380/.506, .886 OPS, w 60 bombs in only 1042 ABs). Wd have been worth the draft pick, I think.

And two years younger, more consistent, steals bases, not dependent on drug adjudicated annually by MLB, and doesn't force anyone out of position. Kim/Jones/Upton in the OF, Trumbo at first, and Reimold DH (until injured). Hits right-handed, but his career .805 OPS vs. RHP is pretty good--and he mauls LHP (.273/.380/.506, .886 OPS, w 60 bombs in only 1042 ABs). Wd have been worth the draft pick, I think.

I also prefer that lineup. I think Trumbo is going to have a big year. But if Davis doesn't suck for the next three years or so the net result could be a wash all things considered (e.g draft pick).

Is there a listing of players with TUEs?

I know a disproportionate number of players claim to suffer from ADHD.

Is there a listing of players with TUEs?

I know a disproportionate number of players claim to suffer from ADHD.

I saw one once, when the Davis controversy arose--Don't know where it is though (got distracted).

Archived