Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch Kubatko

Dan Connolly's take on 105.7 tonight is that DD is kind of a lone wolf type who does things his way and doesn't totally take the input of others seriously.

But he has a select few people whose input he values and will bounce ideas off of and take their opinion seriously.

And McIlvaine might become one of those people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dan Connolly's take on 105.7 tonight is that DD is kind of a lone wolf type who does things his way and doesn't totally take the input of others seriously.

But he has a select few people whose input he values and will bounce ideas off of and take their opinion seriously.

And McIlvaine might become one of those people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Connolly and Duquette have interacted. Dan Connolly talks to everyone - he has great resources. He's a lone wolf as well.

Desmond seems to be real delusional about his market value.

He led the league in errors at his position in 2015, 2014, and 2010, and came in 2nd in 2013 and 2011.

That's 3 Golds and 2 Silvers in 6 years.

He should think highly of himself.

He led the league in errors at his position in 2015, 2014, and 2010, and came in 2nd in 2013 and 2011.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Watched him a lot back east on MASN and he was always overrated and had flaws in his game.

IMO if he was that good, he would have already gone to he highest bidder since SS is a premium position. I also think it speaks volumes that teams have offered him a job but more as a utility/play multiple positions role.

I just think he's perceived in a way around the league. Completely understand what you are saying with the awards but something is up because it's not translating into that contract you would expect.

Desmond seems to be real delusional about his market value.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Watched him a lot back east on MASN and he was always overrated and had flaws in his game.

IMO if he was that good, he would have already gone to he highest bidder since SS is a premium position. I also think it speaks volumes that teams have offered him a job but more as a utility/play multiple positions role.

I just think he's perceived in a way around the league. Completely understand what you are saying with the awards, but something is up because it's not translating into that contract you would expect.

I think that you misunderstood my post.

I think that you misunderstood my post.

You are right, I read it wrong. Apologies; I had a brain fart, he's a big time error machine. Killed the nats to a whole new level last season.

So in summary, not a surprise to me that no team is going out of their way to pursue him :)

The Met's have designated Darrell Ceciliani for assignment. I think he would be a good player to pickup if we're able.

Hmm. Ceciliani was a .278/.326/.392 hitter over two seasons in AA. Then he caught fire last year in AAA with a .978 OPS, but didn't do much at the major league level. He is younger than Efren Navarro but I don't think Navarro makes the team anyway.

Hmm. Ceciliani was a .278/.326/.392 hitter over two seasons in AA. Then he caught fire last year in AAA with a .978 OPS, but didn't do much at the major league level. He is younger than Efren Navarro but I don't think Navarro makes the team anyway.

Ceciliani's .978 OPS was driven by a .345 batting average in 254 PAs. In the PCL. His minor league career has a few BA spikes like that. Those are also the seasons where he looks like a decent hitter. The other ones, the years he hit .280, he's a guy with a .700 OPS, a .110 ISO and a 6% walk rate. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's far more likley he hits .260 in the majors than .345. I guess a .680 OPS has some value if it's tied to a good center fielder, but Googling a few scouting report led to mixed messages on his defense.

Ceciliani's .978 OPS was driven by a .345 batting average in 254 PAs. In the PCL. His minor league career has a few BA spikes like that. Those are also the seasons where he looks like a decent hitter. The other ones, the years he hit .280, he's a guy with a .700 OPS, a .110 ISO and a 6% walk rate. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's far more likley he hits .260 in the majors than .345. I guess a .680 OPS has some value if it's tied to a good center fielder, but Googling a few scouting report led to mixed messages on his defense.

Who ya gonna DFA? And it better not be a pitcher.

If there is one pitcher who is a candidate for DFA, it's probably Chaz Roe. Although I'd like to see if he rebounds after the injury late last season. That slider is nasty.

Regardless, I wouldn't DFA Chaz for Ceciliani.

You better not DFA any pitcher. Not for anyone. Not until April.

Archived