Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused where you are going with this. You said in your last post that for the scenario the O's sign Davis, O'Day, and fillers. Now you're saying the O's don't have Davis

I said the O's could afford them. Not the O's were gonna sign him. It's a fickle sport. Hard to turn down a $150m plus contract if offered. So it's not written in stone Davis is gonna an Oriole again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Making some changes on the biz end of things.  Sounds like Bader is gone from his role too..which is great because he’s awful.
    • I love the wall. Love it. I think every Major League ballpark should have dimensions like that. By and large teams build parks with much smaller dimensions than a century ago, despite the players being dramatically bigger, stronger, faster athletes. It makes no sense. The game would be improved with much larger outfields. It would emphasize speed and athleticism over endless lineups of slow sluggers.
    • Yes, so hes a FA, the Discussion should now turn to what Elias or anybody else might offer next year. and it's tough because at 34 he's almost a one year wonder. But I do know this our season came back from trouble all year and Big Al was there to help many times. 
    • We all know you think you're passionate about your team and your ideas. but the way you continually insult people whose ideas you don't agree with, or who disagree with you, is incredibly childish.   It's a form of cyber-bullying.   I'd like to think you're better than that, and wonder why more people don't call you out on it.  Maybe they know it won't change anything? Is it not possible to disagree without having to insult either the person or their thoughts?  I know it's hard to self-reflect and realize that you constantly do this, and maybe make a change for the better, but I kind of expect some insults are now headed my way for trying to make this place a bit less hostile.  
    • We'll see Rubenstein talks a good game, but actions speak louder than words. Also it's on Elias to be willing to make a splash if the right (but also pricey) player become available and wants to be an Oriole. I was never big on an Adley extension even last year with the way catchers age. Gunnar is a player you absolutely lock up to an early contact extension assuming he is even open to it.
    • I think for almost all owners payroll matters more than winning. Even teams like the Yankees are careful with how they go into penalty.
    • For sure. That's why the Hyde quote implies he is a free agent.
  • Popular Contributors