MLB.Com Hey Now: O's 1 of 4 Teams That Are Best Fit For Heyward

Can_of_corn

If they're talking about signing Davis, a better use of that kind of money is Heyward. I think we know this team isn't that forward thinking though. Angelos will only consider Davis because he already knows who that is.

I hope that's not true but I'm scared.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And don't get me wrong. If Angelos pushes and we actually get Davis? :2yay-thumb:

I just don't like non-baseball people pushing baseball decisions.

Blame it on the 1994-95 braintrust. Angelos gave them carte blanche to hire a new manager without his interference and they chose Phil Regan. He has never missed an opportunity to interfere since.

I think the AAV would be more impact-full then the years at that point, especally since a Heyward deal would almost certainly be both heavily insured and contain an opt-out after 3-4 years.

Exactly. Also, I like Heyward for the life of a 10 year deal vs. Davis for the life of a 6-7 year deal.

Blame it on the 1994-95 braintrust. Angelos gave them carte blanche to hire a new manager without his interference and they chose Phil Regan. He has never missed an opportunity to interfere since.

Angelos did push Buck Showalter over Eric somebody. I will give him that one thing.

Archived