Duquette Speaks

Frobby

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> at some point could move on from Chris Davis and sign FA OFer: Two possibilities: Alex Gordon and Justin Upton (Va. native).</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh.... so we're giving someone a nine figure deal?

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh.... so we're giving someone a nine figure deal?

I'll believe it when I see it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6F8D7o7XE_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is Dan talking, not Ken.

Dan talks with MASN

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6F8D7o7XE_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least Melewski asked real questions. I wonder if the backdrop for the video was chosen because the door to the men's room by the bar was already taken by the Blue Jays.

I don't fault DD for not being more forthcoming, but I have to say I finished watching the video considerably less than optimistic.

This is Dan talking, not Ken.

Yeah... so what, he's bluffing Boras before the meetings even start?

Pfffft good luck with all that, Dan. I'm sure there's SOME market for Davis. Probably a fairly lucrative one, even.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> at some point could move on from Chris Davis and sign FA OFer: Two possibilities: Alex Gordon and Justin Upton (Va. native).</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Based in his Meleski interview Gotdon seems more likely given they want a left handed bat

They'll sign someone like Matt Joyce.

They can't play that tune at 3 spots like they did last year. I expect to see at least one platoon type of signing. I think they make one big signing, a medium or one year deal at another spot and then someone like Fister to the rotation.

Red Sox, Astros, you've mentioned the Nats previously, Cards (?). How many teams does it have to be?
Cards are trying to sign Heyward, Davis is not their kind of player. Would rather spend the money on Zobrist and SP, their main concern. Gnats have Zimmerman at 1B, can he play OF? Red Sox have to move HanRam first, good luck to that. Astros GM just today said they are not going to be big players in the FA market they are sticking to their long term plan, looking for a closer. SEA is focused on signing Iwakuma and doesn't appear to have the funds for a 20M AAV. If Davis signs elsewhere it will be for less than the O's can afford IMO. Boras is trying to create a phantom market in the hopes that the O's will bid against themselves. He wants to drag things out until some kind of market materializes. The O's are calling his bluff.

Cards are trying to sign Heyward, Davis is not their kind of player. Would rather spend the money on Zobrist and SP, their main concern. Gnats have Zimmerman at 1B, can he play OF? Red Sox have to move HanRam first, good luck to that. Astros GM just today said they are not going to be big players in the FA market they are sticking to their long term plan, looking for a closer. SEA is focused on signing Iwakuma and doesn't appear to have the funds for a 20M AAV. If Davis signs elsewhere it will be for less than the O's can afford IMO.

A mystery team worries me about Davis. Perhaps Toronto could go after him with Bautista and Encarnacion being FA's after next year. Dodgers look like they have Iwakuma.

I don't understand why everybody likes Alex Gordon so much. To me, Dexter Fowler is a comparable player who would probably be much cheaper.

Interesting idea. Gordon has a little more pop but Fowler gets on base well. A scouting question would be how Fowler would play at a corner spot? Range wise one would think he would be more than acceptable.

Archived