Duquette Speaks

Frobby

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miguel or Worley. I'd think.

I'm not sold on Miguel bouncing back at all this year. Tillman I can get behind because he's still young and had that nagging groin injury that sapped his command. But Miguel is turning 32 and was simply awful last year. He's had an incurable case of gopheritis the last two seasons. I think we're looking for a lefty starter to replace him even before the deadline.

I'm curious if DD's comments could simply be a reference to getting Matusz healthy. Obviously from context it doesn't seem as if that's the case, but the way this club was crafted all offseason, including if I recall correctly some comments from the club saying they wouldn't mind having five right handed starters, I would be pretty surprised if a lousy opening week and a half of spring training has suddenly changed the approach to balancing the rotation. Would just kind of seem like a panic move to shake things up like a two weeks after we supposedly firmed up our rotation with Gallardo.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see another major move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listening to DD's comments I didn't think he meant major moves. More about pitchers getting squeezed from rotations later in spring.

Listening to DD's comments I didn't think he meant major moves. More about pitchers getting squeezed from rotations later in spring.

I guess that makes sense, and I admittedly did not hear his remarks. That said, I just find it strange that all off season IIRC we were pretty strong in conveying that five right handed starters didn't bother us, but then at the first sign of trouble, we would go find a lefty. Either poor planning or a little panic.

I'm all for an upgrade, just concerned about the cost. Where is Dana Eveland these days...?

If Shields were left-handed. Maybe.

I was teasing there, but Wally said yesterday on MASN that he did not mind having all righties (of course that's a pat answer). In a perfect world, he would want a left-hander. But quality over handedness wins out I believe.

I guess that makes sense, and I admittedly did not hear his remarks. That said, I just find it strange that all off season IIRC we were pretty strong in conveying that five right handed starters didn't bother us, but then at the first sign of trouble, we would go find a lefty. Either poor planning or a little panic.

I'm all for an upgrade, just concerned about the cost. Where is Dana Eveland these days...?

If we upgrade, we should trade with the Dodgers. The amount of LHP they have is unreal

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Archived