Duquette Speaks

Frobby

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The way Bud played in 2014, there was no reason, to think he would end up like he did. He might still have something left.

Completely agree. He got more than I thought and signed quickly. I would have taken him back for cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, all Koreans are alike. If I know how long it takes one to adapt, then I know how long it takes for every Korean player to adapt.

While I do get annoyed when folks compare one Asian player to another I don't think it is that unreasonable to compare one player from the KBO to another player from the KBO.

I am hopeful it is more of a league thing than a race thing.

While I do get annoyed when folks compare one Asian player to another I don't think it is that unreasonable to compare one player from the KBO to another player from the KBO.

I am hopeful it is more of a league thing than a race thing.

I think it is a point of reference as to the quality of competition. Since we have nothing else to go on.

I think Gonzo is good as gone... and done.

Gonzo pitched well last year until he got hurt. He looks healthy again this spring. I see no reason he can't return to his 2012-2014 form.

DD acquiring a lefthanded starter that is better than one to the O's top 5 starters sounds like wishful thinking. I will believe it when I see it happen and not before.

I think Gonzo is good as gone... and done.

Gonzo pitched well last year until he got hurt. He looks healthy again this spring. I see no reason he can't return to his 2012-2014 form.

DD acquiring a lefthanded starter that is better than one to the O's top 5 starters sounds like wishful thinking. I will believe it when I see it happen and not before.

Biggest problem I can see is that there is no one behind the O's top 5 starters to fill in when someone gets hurt.

Sometimes.

I don't think it is all the time.

I think some folks just group all Asian players together.

I will say based on just the eye test, left handed hitters that come from Asia seem to be pretty proficient at slap hitting and seem to do it at a higher rate than non Asian players. Just always something that stands out to me.

So if we trade for a lefty starter' date=' do we send one of our righty starters in the deal to free up a spot. The bullpen seems mighty full now.[/quote']

If I had to speculate, I'd think gonzo would go the other way since he has two years of control remaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
“We were looking at right-handed pitching, but we ended up signing Rodriguez because we thought he was the best fit for our club,” Duquette said.

“I think you have to be active in the pitching market. We’re always looking around. Some of our young pitchers are doing a good job for the big league club. We’re trying to get some other young pitchers the innings they need to come up here and contribute, so we’re continuing to work on the pitching development throughout the organization.”

Tyler Wilson and Mike Wright were supposed to be in Triple-A Norfolk’s rotation, but they’re starting for the Orioles with Yovani Gallardo on the disabled list and Miguel Gonzalez with the White Sox after his release in spring training.

“It’s nice to see the contribution that Wilson has made, and Wright’s pitched well.”

"Bundy’s contributed. So, we’ll see if we can get a couple more guys ready from our minor leagues to come up here and make a contribution.

“It’s good that we have young guys who are contributing, but we’re going to need some more before the year is out to come and help our team from the minor leagues, so hopefully those guys will be ready when they get the opportunity. We’ve got a couple guys in Triple-A and there are a couple guys in Double-A that we’re keeping an eye on.”

“I wouldn’t be afraid to take a look at some of those guys in Double-A,”

MASNRoch www.masnsports.com

Archived