Orioles Looking to Add a Bat and/or Pitcher per Roch

Aristotelian

Ouch. That scab had just formed over for like the 30th time. Plus it sort of supports Weam's point.

Yeah, and that would have been trading Chen around July 1. Not the deadline at all. We still had several months in the race including the top spot in the division. Before the collapse.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and that would have been trading Chen around July 1. Not the deadline at all. We still had several months in the race including the top spot in the division. Before the collapse.

OK, trading a guy a month before the deadline is technically not a "deadline deal." But it's close enough for my purposes. How about in 2014 when the Red Sox dealt Lackey at the deadline? He didn't have "ace" status at the time, nor was he a "cast off innings eater." He was about at Chen's level. I am sure if we had wanted to trade Chen at the deadline last year, there would have been teams bidding on him. Mind you, I'm not necessarily advocating that this is what we should have done.

There was no way we were trading our best pitcher only 1 game out of the wild card. I am not sure trading Davies for Parra was the right move, but trading Chen definitely would have been the wrong move. We keep him for a chance at the wild card, plus we still get the comp pick back. Win-win.

Much better case to be made for trading O'Day, for whom we were not getting a pick (although in retrospect he may have been a better QO candidate than Wieters). Even so, I don't think you do that when you still have a shot at the playoffs.

There was no way we were trading our best pitcher only 1 game out of the wild card. I am not sure trading Davies for Parra was the right move, but trading Chen definitely would have been the wrong move. We keep him for a chance at the wild card, plus we still get the comp pick back. Win-win.

Much better case to be made for trading O'Day, for whom we were not getting a pick (although in retrospect he may have been a better QO candidate than Wieters). Even so, I don't think you do that when you still have a shot at the playoffs.

You dont pay any reliever 15.8 million per year, forgetaboutit! :)

Archived