Let's get Upton AND Gordon

connja

I saw this on MLBTR, but it is the writers opinion based on what Roch reported. Not actually a comment from Roch. I tend to agree with him, but not directly said by Roch.

"Also per Kubatko (tweet), Duquette will use some of the money budgeted for Davis on other players. However, the club probably will not spend all of it this winter. To me, that seems to rule out a pursuit of Justin Upton or Alex Gordon."

According to Roch: "To me' date=' that seems to rule out a pursuit of Justin Upton or Alex Gordon". It's time to come back to reality.[/quote']

Roch didn't say that, Brad Johnson of MLBTR said it while discussing Fanfest. The first part of the paragraph quotes Roch. The last line is Johnson's take.

Here is the tweet Johnson links to:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette says $$ offered to Davis available to other players if he doesn't take it. But maybe not all of it this winter.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The tweet meant the same thing to me as it did to Johnson, but it is inaccurate to attribute it Johnson's statement to Roch.

Archived