Manny Misses Fan Fest (Buck Not Happy).

Going Underground

His main job is to play baseball. This is only an ancillary part of his job.

Maybe I don't care because I've never had any interest in Fan Fest.

I don't care about Fanfest either. I care about the character of a young player that has become the face of the franchise. No poster at this point is going to convince me that he just didn't find a convenient excuse to avoid something he really didn't want to do.

As I have said, I think it was an immature act on his part. He is young, I still will pull for the guy and assume he will be fine as he figures things out.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. The FO's job is to promote the team. The players play.

If Britton did that, great. I just don't see it as mandatory. Also, he's got a legit reason for missing. Maybe you don't agree with it, but I don't see any reason to be upset.

I'm not upset.

I don't know of anyone that is "upset" about it.

It isn't important enough to be upset about.

But I would have been there.

And if you think the only job the players have is to play the game well, I disagree pretty strongly.

I'm not upset.

And if you think the only job the players have is to play the game well, I disagree pretty strongly.

Ok. Substitute whatever word you would like for how you and RZ are reacting to this. I don't think there's any reason to ________.

If it hadn't been mentioned in the press, would you have even known he wasn't there?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yes,I would.Funny,Papelbon or Storen did not go to Natsfest. The one thing that is different when I first posted was that this is his brother-in laws wife.Not his brorher's wife or sister.I don't think I would get out from work for that.

I'm not upset.

Ideally, they should have to do more, good conduct clauses should have teeth, etc. But no...without even considering the number of outright criminals (e.g., drug users, domestic abusers) who've received sanctuary in pro sports...the only thing a player has to do, practically speaking, is be good at his game. And not help kill someone. Usually.

Sure am glad I'm not a member of the old boys club. Do people really think all families are the same and one size fits all. I don't even know the names of all my nieces and nephews, let alone being there for any of their births. I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. But I wouldn't presume to apply my family circumstances to any one else. If Manny is close to his wife's family then who am I to judge him. I don't read minds like apparently some here presume to do.

Exactly right.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Archived