Manny Misses Fan Fest (Buck Not Happy).

Going Underground

I'll agree it would matter to me if Manny was just using the birth of his niece/nephew as a convenient excuse to skip FanFest, as opposed to genuinely feeling very strongly about being there. But I just don't see any reason to doubt that Manny's feelings are bona fide.

But you're not the kind of person who posts profane comments under YouTube videos.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't read the thread, I assumed you were not one of the "Manny hates us and is immature and is as good as gone" instigators.

If I was as young and talented as Manny I would have a sense of being entitled. If I was him at that age I may have been like "hey, I'm going to the Bahama's that week, what you going to do about it?" :2yay-thumb:

I don't think any of this has anything to do with his long term contract situation.

I'll agree it would matter to me if Manny was just using the birth of his niece/nephew as a convenient excuse to skip FanFest, as opposed to genuinely feeling very strongly about being there. But I just don't see any reason to doubt that Manny's feelings are bona fide.

The only reason I have is I was young once and didn't like doing things I didn't want to do, lol. I have stated that it could be legit, no way of knowing. I will say though that fanfest is not that long, he could fly in early Saturday and still be on the west coast by dinner if he really wanted to make fanfest a priority. My guess is it isn't which only means that he maybe doesn't get it yet. I think at some point he will

I can't even fathom why anyone would actually be dismissive of a guy who wants to see a new addition to his extended family. This guy travels and is away from his family 9 months out of the year.

Honestly, who cares? I assure you that mostly every single one of them values their family more than they do the game, or the fans desires.

I don't care one bit about fan-fest, but I think this is a generational thing. I'm 50, and when my 3 children were born I was there, but within a day or two I was back at work, in fact with one of my kids I was in the office, then headed to the hospital for the birth. Today I have younger male employees that take 2,3 or more weeks off after their child is born. I see stretches of time being taken for issues with extended family members. Not saying it's good or bad.....I just couldn't imagine having to be at my niece/nephews birth.

I don't care one bit about fan-fest, but I think this is a generational thing. I'm 50, and when my 3 children were born I was there, but within a day or two I was back at work, in fact with one of my kids I was in the office, then headed to the hospital for the birth. Today I have younger male employees that take 2,3 or more weeks off after their child is born. I see stretches of time being taken for issues with extended family members. Not saying it's good or bad.....I just couldn't imagine having to be at my niece/nephews birth.

I think the kids enjoy seeing Manny at fan-fest. I do. I think if Brooks or Boog had skipped some dumb events when I was young, that my fandom would have been different.

This thread is hilarious. A 23 year old guy wants to spend time with his family, and people are lambasting him for being selfish. "Someday he'll look back on this and realize what a selfish ass he was." No, I suspect that will not be the case.

This thread is hilarious. A 23 year old guy wants to spend time with his family, and people are lambasting him for being selfish. "Someday he'll look back on this and realize what a selfish ass he was." No, I suspect that will not be the case.

It is an event he is contractually obligated to attend.It is one event the team wants rhe players to attend.It is for perhaps a whole day and then home.I could care less if he comes.If he leaves in a couple of years it won't bother me either.It is a business.

I think the kids enjoy seeing Manny at fan-fest. I do. I think if Brooks or Boog had skipped some dumb events when I was young, that my fandom would have been different.

Sure they do. When we were at Fanfest in 2014, he was treated like a rock star. We'd been sitting in the first couple of rows at the fan forums all day, and suddenly when it was Manny's turn to do a forum there were a couple of dozen young people sitting on the floor in front of us, that had been empty all day. He's not just a great player, he's got major charisma, and the kids gravitate to that.

That said, I don't think it will crush some kid's soul if Manny isn't at Fanfest.

Sure am glad I'm not a member of the old boys club. Do people really think all families are the same and one size fits all. I don't even know the names of all my nieces and nephews, let alone being there for any of their births. I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. But I wouldn't presume to apply my family circumstances to any one else. If Manny is close to his wife's family then who am I to judge him. I don't read minds like apparently some here presume to do.

Sure am glad I'm not a member of the old boys club. Do people really think all families are the same and one size fits all. I don't even know the names of all my nieces and nephews, let alone being there for any of their births. I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. But I wouldn't presume to apply my family circumstances to any one else. If Manny is close to his wife's family then who am I to judge him. I don't read minds like apparently some here presume to do.

Not everyone is as nice and understanding as you.

I got my Manny autograph in his rookie season (and I'm not even going to FanFest this year), so I don't really have a dog in this fight.

Perhaps if Manny's unable to make FanFest, they can give out vouchers to ticketholders for his session(s) to get one of those autographed cards in the mail? The kids don't get to meet him, but at least they'll get an autograph out of the deal. Thoughts?

Archived