Manny Misses Fan Fest (Buck Not Happy).

Going Underground

I'm not upset.

I don't know of anyone that is "upset" about it.

It isn't important enough to be upset about.

But I would have been there.

And if you think the only job the players have is to play the game well, I disagree pretty strongly.

I didn't even really miss him. And the Kids gravitated to Schoop. He even played video games with them for an hour.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best player on the team? Yeah, I think his absence would be noticed.

You're missing my point. Obviously people that were there would have noticed. I'm talking about some of the people complaining about it on this board, who probably don't attend anyhow.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

You're missing my point. Obviously people that were there would have noticed. I'm talking about some of the people complaining about it on this board, who probably don't attend anyhow.

Did I tell you that it was a really nice time. The players seemed very focused on doing their parts and I even saw several of them mingling without their handlers. It was a nice vibe.

Ideally, they should have to do more, good conduct clauses should have teeth, etc. But no...without even considering the number of outright criminals (e.g., drug users, domestic abusers) who've received sanctuary in pro sports...the only thing a player has to do, practically speaking, is be good at his game. And not help kill someone. Usually.

And deal with the press.

I'ts his choice to play each game and it's his choice to go or not to go to FanFest. I think it's great that played all 162 games. I don't think playing 162 games gives you a free pass to pass up something else the team thinks is important to it and it's fans. One has nothing to do with the other. He can play 162 games and go to FanFest. He doesn't have to make a choice between the two.

Good thing no one has argued any of this. The point is that in the grand scheme of things, Manny's ability on the field is vastly more important than if he misses one event for a niche group of fans, especially when he has a seemingly decent excuse and has given no reason for anyone to call B.S.

I'ts his choice to play each game and it's his choice to go or not to go to FanFest. I think it's great that played all 162 games. I don't think playing 162 games gives you a free pass to pass up something else the team thinks is important to it and it's fans. One has nothing to do with the other. He can play 162 games and go to FanFest. He doesn't have to make a choice between the two.

He is contractually obligated. Of course a good reason will get him out.Tillman and Gausman seemed happy.Many others Wieters and Joseph were really in good spirits.Did not see everyone.

Sure am glad I'm not a member of the old boys club. Do people really think all families are the same and one size fits all. I don't even know the names of all my nieces and nephews, let alone being there for any of their births. I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. But I wouldn't presume to apply my family circumstances to any one else. If Manny is close to his wife's family then who am I to judge him. I don't read minds like apparently some here presume to do.

This is a great and very much glossed over post.

Just because any of YOU can't understand why guys take off work when their babies are born or why Manny could possibly want to see his niece/nephew born, doesn't mean it's wrong.

When my daughter was born I only took off 2 days and this was while my wife had a broken ankle, but I wish I had taken off more. It's silly to think because you would've done something, that he should've.

Family is family. If my brother ever has a child on the way, I will most definitely leave work to be there when it happens. He is one of my best friends and I'd like to share that moment with him.

Both my sister and brother were in the waiting room when my daughter was born. It's a shame so many people can't understand why this is important to a family, not just the parents.

Archived