SI: Don't give Chris Davis More than 5 Years

FanSince88

I

I agree with you here, except the one tool player part. He is clearly a two tool player as he also has an awesome throwing arm. At first base, that does him very little good. As an outfielder it is a real strength, the problem is that he is an awful outfielder. But CD is a two tool player. Power and arm.
. I think his defense is good enough at first base to consider him a three tool player but does it really matter? He is one of the premier Hr hitters in the game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah as it was just as silly not to pay Nelson Cruz cause so many Nostradsmus types here were predicting he wasn't worth it and so if not for Davis they would have had next to no offense last season. If we don't resign Davis this team will be in last place for good in the division as they will rely on Trimbo and probably some other retread combination and get owned by Toronto and swept by Minnesota again !
We'd be better off not signing Davis if we could sign Upton or Gordon instead.

I. I think his defense is good enough at first base to consider him a three tool player but does it really matter? He is one of the premier Hr hitters in the game.

You're right about the arm. It's above average. Here's the thing: how does his premier power profile over the life of a seven year deal? That's what you and most people who want to sign him have to ask yourself as the fan of a small market team. A contract like that makes little financial sense for a guy who's comps going forward don't look great.

You're right about the arm. It's above average. Here's the thing: how does his premier power profile over the life of a seven year deal? That's what you and most people who want to sign him have to ask yourself as the fan of a small market team. A contract like that makes little financial sense for a guy who's comps going forward don't look great.
. Well I do think the Orioles made him a more than fair offer and he should have taken it. I don't disagree with that in the least.

Trumbo.

You're not doing enough to highlight the point and make it stick.

Oh, look here. A giant piece of delicious cake. It's huge. Jumbo, even. Which rhymes with Trumbo, the last name of the guy the O's signed as a contingency for 1B.

Caaaaake. Trumbo. 1B. Not Flaherty. Trumbo.

I think we've got it now.

It blows my mind the Orioles offered that much. They avoided a mistake.

Well avoided it so far...

I'm still worried that, zombie like, the deal rises back up and staggers drooling back to the Warehouse where instead of torches and shotguns, it's greeted by smiling, well dressed men holding pens.

Well avoided it so far...

I'm still worried that, zombie like, the deal rises back up and staggers drooling back to the Warehouse where instead of torches and shotguns, it's greeted by smiling, well dressed men holding pens.

Silver lining: what opposing teams would dare play in a stadium full of zombies? That's at least 81 wins right there.

Archived