Simple Question: Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?

mskrulz

Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?

• Yes the will work it out.
    • Nope he's gone.

Who thinks that after all the posturing, bickering, and leaking of information to the press, that Davis is back in 2016. This isn't about whether you think it's a good or a bad move. When the dust settles will Davis be an "O" on opening day?

I say they both need each other too much to not be together.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gut instinct is yes. There doesn't appear to be a better deal out there for Davis, and the O's have already signaled they are not going to spend this kind of money on the other FA hitters who might attract a large package.

Whether we'll be glad we did it 3-4 years from now is another story.

Yes, he will return. And in 2018 (or sooner) there will be 46-page threads about how stupid the Orioles were for giving $22M a year to a guy who's struck out 200+ times in a season like four different times and disappears for months at a time and, oh, yea, is now 34 and 34-year-olds get hurt more.

Don't be so optimistic.

My gut instinct is yes. There doesn't appear to be a better deal out there for Davis, and the O's have already signaled they are not going to spend this kind of money on the other FA hitters who might attract a large package.

Whether we'll be glad we did it 3-4 years from now is another story.

I voted no but you may be right. If only the FO could or would spend money

wisely.

It would be interesting to see how the poll results change from day to day. I voted "yes" today. I would have voted "no" yesterday, and if I were voting tomorrow it might be "no" again. Really, I'm in the "undecided" category, probably like 95% of us. Who the hell knows what's going on? Sure hope it goes one way or the other before Christmas.

Yes, he will return. And in 2018 (or sooner) there will be 46-page threads about how stupid the Orioles were for giving $22M a year to a guy who's struck out 200+ times in a season like four different times and disappears for months at a time and, oh, yea, is now 34 and 34-year-olds get hurt more.

Yeah...those threads are virtually guaranteed to start within minutes of the deal's announcement. But hey...only 46 pages? Don't let anyone accuse you of misplacing your optimism.

It would be interesting to see how the poll results change from day to day. I voted "yes" today. I would have voted "no" yesterday, and if I were voting tomorrow it might be "no" again. Really, I'm in the "undecided" category, probably like 95% of us. Who the hell knows what's going on? Sure hope it goes one way or the other before Christmas.

Haha yes I felt the same way yesterday. But everything now seems to be pointing towards a deal happening. I also agree that we will be hearing a lot of complaining when Davis goes through a 2-17 with 11K stretches. But damn he's fun to watch when he's on.

If Davis gives us anything it's the threat of danger in that lineup with him always being one swing away from making something happen.

I voted no but you may be right. If only the FO could or would spend money

wisely.

You're not alone anymore. If Boras can get Prince Fielder $214 million, he can get Davis more than the O's offered initially. I don't think we have much of an idea of the eventual landing spot, but the mystery team (pretty much) always seems to materialize.

Yeah...those threads are virtually guaranteed to start within minutes of the deal's announcement. But hey...only 46 pages? Don't let anyone accuse you of misplacing your optimism.

I'm sure there's someone who posts here who has a blog or diary or something where they've already put the hypothetical Davis signing in their list of the 5 worst transactions in Orioles history. Right next to the bit about how (insert name of hypothetical person elected in 2020 here) is the worst President in US history.

Archived