interesting Met's-Orioles trade idea

doctorbj

This was a call-in trade on First Pitch MLB Sirius XM, with those expert analysts Steve Phillips and Todd Hollingsworth feeling it would be a yes from both teams, but nevertheless..........

First i know O's would never do this because of the player to be traded. Second, I don't think Dan would use the money as suggested. Third i'm not normally a fan of what-if trades but this was a very interesting proposal.

Anyhow:

Adam Jones to the Mets

Syndergaard and Lagares to the Orioles.

Money saved to sign Upton and finish Davis resigning

Would you do it if everything happened as above?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want either Upton or Davis for what it will take to sign them. I certainly don't want both of those contracts. That's a lot of money to be eating if they are bad on the back end.

As for the trade, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The Mets wouldn't however, I don't think.

This was a call-in trade on First Pitch MLB Sirius XM, with those expert analysts Steve Phillips and Todd Hollingsworth feeling it would be a yes from both teams, but nevertheless..........

First i know O's would never do this because of the player to be traded. Second, I don't think Dan would use the money as suggested. Third i'm not normally a fan of what-if trades but this was a very interesting proposal.

Anyhow:

Adam Jones to the Mets

Syndergaard and Lagares to the Orioles.

Money saved to sign Upton and finish Davis resigning

Would you do it if everything happened as above?

They have had the same guy calling in all week trying to put together an Adam Jones trade. He is hooked on Adam Jones and can't quit him.

I thought before about an Adam Jones and Zach Britton trade for Harvey and Lagarus, but I'm not good at valuing a trade. Also I don't think there is any value to Lagarus because he needs surgery. I didn't know that towards the end of the season when I was thinking about it.

They have had the same guy calling in all week trying to put together an Adam Jones trade. He is hooked on Adam Jones and can't quit him.

Take emotion out of it for a sec. Is it really that unbalanced of a trade? It will never happen we can all agree.

Take emotion out of it for a sec. Is it really that unbalanced of a trade? It will never happen we can all agree.

No not at all to be honest. Its rather reasonable for both parties. Both teams would be getting back something they desperately needed. The issue though is that Adam's salary is far greater than the guys the Mets are giving up. I suspect the Mets would want something in addition to Adam. Not a high end prospect maybe a guy like Walker or Alvarez or an arm.

No not at all to be honest. Its rather reasonable for both parties. Both teams would be getting back something they desperately needed. The issue though is that Adam's salary is far greater than the guys the Mets are giving up. I suspect the Mets would want something in addition to Adam. Not a high end prospect maybe a guy like Walker or Alvarez or an arm.

Let's be clear this has nothing to do with the Mets. This has to do with the Mets fan.

Let's be clear this has nothing to do with the Mets. This has to do with the Mets fan.

Yea completely get that. Was just thinking it through from the perspective of the Mets is all.

If I were the O's, as tempting as it may be to make a move like this if the opportunity presented itself, it comes with huge risk. Trading a player adored by the fan base is fine if the guy who comes in lives up to expectations and he stays healthy. If he falters and does not live up to expectations, gets injured, then pitchforks will break out faster than the blink of an eye. Not sure that risk is worth it, its the kind of move that is a real gamble and costs people jobs if it does not work out. That's literally going all in.

Archived