Signing of Leake and Jaso pushes off season passed the halfway point

wildcard

Not his decision. Depends on whether PA allows him to spend Davis money elsewhere.

Depends if PA lets him give up on Davis and grab replacement(s) while good ones are still available. I think PA is the reason the offer is "off the table" but we're still talking. PA making DD keep things on hold wanting Davis.

Depends if PA lets him give up on Davis and grab replacement(s) while good ones are still available. I think PA is the reason the offer is "off the table" but we're still talking. PA making DD keep things on hold wanting Davis.
I think we're saying the same thing. It's not DD's decision.

Chances the Orioles land anyone is getting close to zippy. Some of the lollipop guild may be thinking that the longer a FA sits on the market, the better of a chance we have to sign them. But the realist in me thinks that we've just got more of a chance to screw the pooch.

Maybe Davis comes back but I doubt it.

Chances the Orioles land anyone is getting close to zippy. Some of the lollipop guild may be thinking that the longer a FA sits on the market, the better of a chance we have to sign them. But the realist in me thinks that we've just got more of a chance to screw the pooch.

Maybe Davis comes back but I doubt it.

Yeah, I don't think we are giving up pick 14. And definitely not pick 14 and 30. I think it is Davis, Kazmir, or Latos, and maybe Alvarez or Pearce. Anyone that costs a pick is off the radar from my point of view. And the "waiting is favorable" thought are mid level FA that cost picks. I think several of the players with picks attached will have difficulty finding new homes.

Yeah, I don't think we are giving up pick 14. And definitely not pick 14 and 30. I think it is Davis, Kazmir, or Latos, and maybe Alvarez or Pearce. Anyone that costs a pick is off the radar from my point of view. And the "waiting is favorable" thought are mid level FA that cost picks. I think several of the players with picks attached will have difficulty finding new homes.
If Cespedes' price comes down he wouldn't cost a pick. I wouldn't mind him in RF.

Archived