Dylan Bundy Could Be Wild Card For 2016 Orioles

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The most optimistic outcome for 2016 IMO is 100-120 innings, build up from short relief, to long, a few starts in late August, September and staying healthy.

Bundy doesn't think he'll be used nearly that much.

Bundy threw 41 1/3 innings in 2014 and 22 last year. He isn't aware of a specific limit this season.

"I know it's not a starter number of innings," he said. "I'm sure it's anywhere from 40 to 70, something like that. That's their thing, not mine."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/01/updates-on-hunter-harvey-and-dylan-bundy.html

Dont even count on Bundy or Harvey to be difference makers this year. At best they will be bullpen arms.Is anyone out there concerned about the lack of moves made for their starting rotation? This was a .500 team WITH Chen last year. Without him,(and there aren't a lot of options floating around) I don't see the Orioles finishing higher than 4th in the division.

Chris Davis or NO Chris Davis, we need starting pitching and NOTHING has been done so far

Yes. And it appears the best available option is Chen. Best case scenario is incremental improvement from a below average rotation.

Yes. And it appears the best available option is Chen. Best case scenario is incremental improvement from a below average rotation.

I'm not sure that's what "best case" means. In 2014 mostly the same pitchers minus Chen and Norris were 3rd in the AL in RA. You don't think it's even remotely likely that Tillman, Gausman, Ubaldo, Gonzalez, and a 5th they find somewhere could pitch even vaguely like the '14 team? Remember, that 3rd place performance included Ubaldo "falling down" and being bumped from the rotation for a good, long while.

My definition of best case includes near-career years from Tillman, Gausman, Ubaldo, and Gonzalez and maybe a halfway decent performance from the #5.

I'm not sure that's what "best case" means. In 2014 mostly the same pitchers minus Chen and Norris were 3rd in the AL in RA. You don't think it's even remotely likely that Tillman, Gausman, Ubaldo, Gonzalez, and a 5th they find somewhere could pitch even vaguely like the '14 team? Remember, that 3rd place performance included Ubaldo "falling down" and being bumped from the rotation for a good, long while.

My definition of best case includes near-career years from Tillman, Gausman, Ubaldo, and Gonzalez and maybe a halfway decent performance from the #5.

Sure, the true best case scenario would be our rotation each locking down the top five in the Cy Young voting. Let's say best possible scenario with >30% chance of happening.

Devil's advocate here: BEST case scenario is a huge breakout year from Gauze. I'm not predicting it, but in my mind that is a pretty obvious ceiling in terms of SP possibilities.

Agree that the shelves are pretty empty now, if we're still out shopping.

That was a best case. IMO, if Bundy only ends up with 40 or so innings (8 innings a month???) this year it will be a bust(and a waste on the 25 man roster) unless there long range plan is short relief. I would think he would be optimistic at this point. Sounds like he's not or been told what to expect.

Maybe the O's Front Office should spend more time fielding a legit playoff contender, rather than worrying about a freaking facial hair problem.

I think you are a bit out of line, before 2014 season, they had 2 out of 3 trips, and just missing out the one year, so that tells me, they are trying to build a legit contender.

That was a best case. IMO, if Bundy only ends up with 40 or so innings (8 innings a month???) this year it will be a bust(and a waste on the 25 man roster) unless there long range plan is short relief. I would think he would be optimistic at this point. Sounds like he's not or been told what to expect.

You have to think the actual break even point has to be at least 60 innings.

I think you are a bit out of line, before 2014 season, they had 2 out of 3 trips, and just missing out the one year, so that tells me, they are trying to build a legit contender.

It has got to take an intern at least 10 minutes to update the facial hair policy ever year.

Think of how much else they could get done.

My best case scenario for Bundy is that he becomes a valuable RH setup guy, who never pitches on back to back days (probably never without 2 days of rest for that matter). I do not think he'll be the long man/mop up guy who pitches sparingly.

But he will be in line behind O'Day, Givens and maybe Brach for that role. (I'm not 100% sold on Brach)

Archived