Orioles and Rockies engaged in " ongoing trade talks " on Colorado outfielders

xian4

Might Colorado include other hitters to buy up to Harvey, Bundy or Gausman? Wilin Rosario might be a Benny Ayala type, he can't really field anywhere, but can hit a little. David Dahl and Raimel Tapia are coming up their OF ranks behind Blackmon/Dickerson/Parra. Ryan McMahon is a good 3B prospect blocked by Arenado who could fit for us if Machado does reverse Ripken when Hardy's time is up.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Orioles are in serious discussions, then I don't think a haul is required, because we don't have a haul to give. Carlos Gonzalez is a 116 OPS+ corner outfielder, worth about 3 WAR probably, who is going to make about $37 million over the next two years. He shouldn't require a haul in order to acquire.

This is where I am as well. I'd love to acquire Carlos Gonzales on a salary dump. Give them something, but nobody who has a shot at making a significant pitching contribution in 2016. If they want Christian Walker and a B pitcher out of Delmarva, go for it.

There is some logic to trading Bundy for CarGo (if they eat a chunk of salary).

• Bundy has no options so keeping him on the roster is complicated.
  • Bundy's injury situation makes him risky.
  • CarGo likely nets a draft pick when he leaves in FA in 2 years.

But honestly I prefer to ride Bundy's upside. Harder to find a potential TOR (even if risky) then an above average corner outfielder.

Otherwise just sign Cespedes or Upton and keep out guys.

This is where I am as well. I'd love to acquire Carlos Gonzales on a salary dump. Give them something, but nobody who has a shot at making a significant pitching contribution in 2016. If they want Christian Walker and a B pitcher out of Delmarva, go for it.

There is some logic to trading Bundy for CarGo (if they eat a chunk of salary).

• Bundy has no options so keeping him on the roster is complicated.
  • Bundy's injury situation makes him risky.
  • CarGo likely nets a draft pick when he leaves in FA in 2 years.

But honestly I prefer to ride Bundy's upside. Harder to find a potential TOR (even if risky) then an above average corner outfielder.

Otherwise just sign Cespedes or Upton and keep out guys.

You have to figure 3 serviceable years from Bundy MINIMUM, with a ton of upside. That's worth say 33 million in today's market. Cargo is owed 37 million, with no upside.

My thought is, it would be silly to give up ANYONE to acquire an outfielder, when a better one will only cost money. Especially since Duquette has traded most of our other pitching prospects.

You have to figure 3 serviceable years from Bundy MINIMUM, with a ton of upside. That's worth say 33 million in today's market. Cargo is owed 37 million, with no upside.

My thought is, it would be silly to give up ANYONE to acquire an outfielder, when a better one will only cost money. Especially since Duquette has traded most of our other pitching prospects.

You can't figure three serviceable years from Bundy. Hell, optimistically he gives 55ish innings out of the bullpen this year. But that is even a huge question mark.

No upside? He is an upgrade. That is better then upside.

If you just compare contracts:

2/37 for CarGo vs 5/120 (estimated) for Upton.

I'll take the CarGo deal. They are very comparable producers and defenders.

But Upton only costs a draft pick while who knows what CarGo is going to cost.

I just don't agree with trading Bundy anywhere. The upside is too great. He was the number 1 prospect in the game!! He got the win in the 2012 Futures Game with Manny Machado on the field.

I'm sorry. You just have to ride it out and see if he can return to that form because the upside is so great.

No upside? He is an upgrade. That is better then upside.

If you just compare contracts:

2/37 for CarGo vs 5/120 (estimated) for Upton.

I'll take the CarGo deal. They are very comparable producers and defenders.

But Upton only costs a draft pick while who knows what CarGo is going to cost.

You mis-interpreted what i meant by upside. The Cargo deal is around what he is worth with his injury history and ballpark splits. Bundy could be better than mediocre for 3 years, making him worth more than 33 million.

If we were just talking money, I would agree I would take the 2 years of Cargo. However, we aren't. Too many pitching prospects have been dealt by this organization already. I would sign Upton and be done with it.

I just don't agree with trading Bundy anywhere. The upside is too great. He was the number 1 prospect in the game!! He got the win in the 2012 Futures Game with Manny Machado on the field.

I'm sorry. You just have to ride it out and see if he can return to that form because the upside is so great.

I agree.

But there is logic in trading him. He is better to trade then Gausman is my point, I guess.

Still better to keep him if possible.

And now he is an oft injured out of options player in a bullpen that potentially has one option able player.

I still like Dickerson over the other choices. He had an injury last season but if you look at his numbes in 2014 they are very impressive for a 24 year old outfielder. He hit 24 homers .312 average and OBP of .364. His road splits were not horrible for a 24 year old playing in some big parks in the N.L. West. The foot injury is a concern but it also may make him cost less. I don't think we have the prospcts to get Gargo without giving up Gausman or Harvey which i would not trade. Bundy is 50/50 and that would determine how the organiztion feels about how he looks now and if they think he could pitch in the pen this year.

I still like Dickerson over the other choices. He had an injury last season but if you look at his numbes in 2014 they are very impressive for a 24 year old outfielder. He hit 24 homers .312 average and OBP of .364. His road splits were not horrible for a 24 year old playing in some big parks in the N.L. West. The foot injury is a concern but it also may make him cost less. I don't think we have the prospcts to get Gargo without giving up Gausman or Harvey which i would not trade. Bundy is 50/50 and that would determine how the organiztion feels about how he looks now and if they think he could pitch in the pen this year.

Corey Dickerson will be playing his age 27 season in 2016.

And now he is an oft injured out of options player in a bullpen that potentially has one option able player.

-The issue you have with options is an issue with Duquette. He did the same thing to Buck last year keeping AA bound Garcia.

-I would love to see Cargo here and it may happen, but I wouldn't deal Bundy or Gausman to get him.

Archived