Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Davis plays many games in right field. Boras was selling him as a diverse player so I doubt there was any deal that he has to play first base only. There going to give Reimold his shot as well.

Boras was trying to drum up some competition. Than he gave up and just let the O's bid against themselves.

We were 81-81 last season and it just feels like to me that we spent 161 million to get the same team back less Chen while the rest of the division upgraded.

Not sure how i feel about it. I wanted and didnt want Davis......lol

Kim, Trumbo.

We were 81-81 last season and it just feels like to me that we spent 161 million to get the same team back less Chen while the rest of the division upgraded.

Not sure how i feel about it. I wanted and didnt want Davis......lol

I believe Gausman, Gonzo, and Tillman will all have better years then last year which makes this team better. Also I expect Wieters to have his career year.

Neutral. Reporting the facts. Boras held fast at 200 million until the end.

I think this is significant. Reactions in this thread repeat something like "Boras bent Angelos over a barrel on this one." Boras wanted 200 mil. Fielder got 214 mil. Tex got 180 mil. Granted for two and one more year, respectively. But it's years later now and we saw our first $300 mil deal. It's reasonable to say that the Orioles signed Davis for $39 mil less than expected - but the way the market looks, it seems even their initial bid of $154 was high.

10-5, Roch, 10-5

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> were still discussing late last night whether to give Davis partial or full no-trade clause. Details were still being worked out.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I believe Gausman, Gonzo, and Tillman will all have better years then last year which makes this team better. Also I expect Wieters to have his career year.

Boy would we enjoy Wieters having a career year. That would be enormous for team success, we can QO him again and he can turn it down then.

I think this is significant. Reactions in this thread repeat something like "Boras bent Angelos over a barrel on this one." Boras wanted 200 mil. Fielder got 214 mil. Tex got 180 mil. Granted for two and one more year, respectively. But it's years later now and we saw our first $300 mil deal. It's reasonable to say that the Orioles signed Davis for $39 mil less than expected - but the way the market looks, it seems even their initial bid of $154 was high.

Fielder was a bad deal for the signing team.

Tex was a bad deal for the signing team.

Why should the O's replicate other teams' mistakes.

Also Davis isn't the player the other two were.

Well, on the bright side - we didn't resign Markakis last year.

I hope it works outs, but this might cripple the franchise. This time 14 months ago, the debate was whether Davis would be tendered or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fielder was a bad deal for the signing team.

Tex was a bad deal for the signing team.

Why should the O's replicate other teams' mistakes.

Also Davis isn't the player the other two were.

Every time I turn on the TV Davis is launching baseballs into space. I like him.

I remember Frobby and I having a spirited debate in June about what Davis would be signed for. I was 30% or more higher than Frobby and I was low by a lot. LOL. Not a shot at him. Just amazing how quickly things changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davis wasn't having that good a year in June.

Archived