Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

Ring.....

This is Peter

Hey, Scot Boras here.

WTF do you want?

Um that offer of 7/154, um we have evaluated all of the offers after conferring with every major league team and even some pro teams in other countries and we are very happy to tell you that we have decided that because Chris really, really likes shopping in Target in Baltimore, we really want to get this deal done. We just need one little thing. We need to increase the deal a few million for each of the 7 years of the deal. How is that Mr. Angelos?

Well, I tell you what Scott. Because I think you are a peach I will do this. I won't change my offer one bit. But I will pay Chris Davis an extra million, per year, deferred to the day your dead body is laid in the ground. How is that?

Win win sir! Congratulations you have yourself another 1st baseman.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's how I feel too. I'm glad we're willing to spend more than we have but think it could have been done more wisely. Just seems like a big risk with him two years removed from a PED suspension and hitting 196. Anyhow still need a pitcher and another outfielder would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His WAR was 1.8 in 2014 and his OPS+ was 96.

Mr. Angelos was only giving you his money on this guy. Be happy that the team got the investment.

Has the offer for Cespedes been pulled?

At face value, this seems like a poor move, when other, better, (likely) cheaper alternatives were out there. The rest of the off season still has yet to shake out, but I'm not a fan of this move at this juncture.

All the same, welcome back, Crush! It will be fun to watch him launch some more bombs at The Yard the next few years.

Has the offer for Cespedes been pulled?

At face value, this seems like a poor move, when other, better, (likely) cheaper alternatives were out there. The rest of the off season still has yet to shake out, but I'm not a fan of this move at this juncture.

All the same, welcome back, Crush! It will be fun to watch him launch some more bombs at The Yard the next few years.

I was not told any specifics. And I don't want to discuss more than I posted.

I was told that this would happen and that other players will be signed too by a reasonable source two days ago. Was told this was an ownership directive. Take that for what you will.

That would be a sight to see! I'll be thrilled to see that kind of commitment. But it will also beg the question about the previous offseason.

Enjoy the 75 win seasons, everybody! Soon to be 70 win seasons when Manny leaves!

This makes me want to watch the team less, not more.

There are many folks that agree with you. Surprisingly, Mr. Angelos felt differently about his investments.

I was not told any specifics. And I don't want to discuss more than I posted.

Ooh, other moves, the suspense is killing me! Which third-rate SP will we sign? Fister is probably too expensive now. Maybe Jamie Moyer can dust off his old glove and go to spring training.

Archived