Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

This is an A+ offseason for the O's front office. I've said it the past couple of months. Yeah we lost Chen and MW took the qualifying offers but we've actually spent the money to keep guys. The bullpen is great. The lineup is really good, maybe great. The starting pitching has a lot of potential to improve. Now it's time to watch DD work his magic and get us some depth guys. I like our guys.

I do too. I would add Matt Latos for a year or two.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt surprising everyone accepting the QO, then signing O'Day and now CD... these are not normal times in Balmer. I think there's more to come. No reason to go this much overboard already (January 16th...) and not go the extra mile. FULL-ON mode!

Good post, completely agree.

5:10pm: As USA Today’s Bob Nightengale notes (via Twitter), Davis will receive a large tax break on the deferred $42MM. Texas is one of seven states without an income tax. Of course, who can predict if that will persist through 2037 or even if Davis will continue living in Texas.

MLBTraderumors.com

I don't want Cespedes. Another high strikeout, few walk hitter - we have enough of those. That type of hitter doesn't age well.

Why do we need high walks? What is wrong with a strike out? Other than that it is an out? And not two outs?

Archived