Who Is A Better Fit For Orioles: Doug Fister, Yovani Gallardo or Mat Latos?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check out that chart and arb 3 relievers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODDS OF DRAFTING MAJOR LEAGUE CONTRIBUTOR, BY DRAFT PICK ▾

1-5 35% 55%

11-15 23% 41%

16-20 17% 32%

21-30 11% 23%

31-40 7% 15%

41-50 7% 15%

6-10 25% 43%

Draft Pick Chance of 10+ WAR Player Chance of 3+ WAR Player

Shots fired by Rockies GM; reminds me of when Os were used as leverage

#Rockies GM Bridich on Yovani Gallardo rumors: "Fairly overblown, a lot of what came out was a product of the agent group." (Cont)

(Cont): When you get bombarded by texts, calls and finally take a call, that does not equate serious negotiations.

I know people hate losing the draft pick, but if we could get him for 3/30-33 or 4/36-40, I'd be good with losing #14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to come around on this. I've been in keep picks mode all offseason. But that was when there was hopes for trades and maybe getting a few vets on 1 year prove it deals. Well that hasn't happened. It's the last week of January and we still have a huge hole in an already weak rotation. As much as i'm optimistic that Gausman will turn into a TOR and Tillman and Gonzo will bounce back, I'm also not wanting to see us try and piece together the 5th spot of the rotation from day 1. Because there will be a time when SP's go on the DL and then you are piecing together 2 spots.

Yes, it sucks to lose the 14th pick in the draft. But we'll still have a first rd pick and 3 second rd picks. That's still two more picks than a normal draft. That's enough to have a great draft. Plus we might get more comp picks for MW(likely) and Trumbo(not likely) next year. But this team is in sort of win now mode with only having the majority of the team locked down for 3 years or less. Minus well protect the investment PA made in bringing these guys back by giving them a chance to win.

That's the argument for giving up the pick for Gallardo. I don't know if I think that's the best idea, but unless a trade walks through that door, it's looking like the only option.

O's draft slots for 2016-if we signed Gallardo

27 comp pick Chen

53 2nd rd pick

69 (not signing 2nd round pick last yr.)

75 comp pick B

91 3rd rd pick

Fister. If Gallardo didn't have a pick compensation stapled to him I'd have picked him up before everyone could complain about how much they hated him

I don't hate him. I hate his plunging K rate, a fourth year, and losing our best pick since Buck and Duquette joined us.

Archived