April 11th Game at Tampa Bay

weams

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll try but it is very hard to describe. The curve is thrown with the hand on the outside of the ball with the index and middle finger on a seam pointing at the pitcher's head. The ball seems to come out of the top back side of the hand when it is thrown correctly. The feeling a pitcher gets when he throws it right is that he is simultaneously snapping his fingers together and pulling down a lampshade. I loved throwing the curve.

Shack, I responded to you, but you may have missed it.

Awesome stuff, one question. What do you mean by pulling down a lampshade? :P

I don't have much to add tonight (except for my usual GO O's that always post in game threads, LOL) but I wanted to say thanks for the pitching talk tonight. I never pitched but I love learning more about pitching from you guys. Thanks! :)

I'll try but it is very hard to describe. The curve is thrown with the hand on the outside of the ball with the index and middle finger on a seam pointing at the pitcher's head. The ball seems to come out of the top back side of the hand when it is thrown correctly. The feeling a pitcher gets when he throws it right is that he is simultaneously snapping his fingers together and pulling down a lampshade. I loved throwing the curve.

Shack, I responded to you, but you may have missed it.

I likened it to throwing a karate chop, straight down.

I loved throwing it too...I miss that feeling when you knew you snapped off a good one, it got up to the plate and just took control of itself and the batter had no chance. He didn't know it, but you knew it as soon as you let it go...

Agree. It truly is a feel pitch like the change up. Sometimes my execution was great, but my release point sucked. If I couldn't find the release point, I wouldn't trust the hand motion and then it was all downhill from there.

I couldn't locate my change to save my life. I switched to a splitter after college and it's definately my out pitch now.

I'm leaving if QWJay doesn't leave or get driven away. Guys like him are why I don't post much anymore. I was really happy that the game thread was actually discussing baseball and not whining and moaning about nonsense the whole time. Then he shows up spewing venom. And it isn't even accurate or intelligent venom. I can't imagine why someone would want to just complain all the time. This is supposed to be fun and/or enlightening. I'm begging you. Go away.

Agreed. I leave my venom for trade threads and a poster who happily doesn't seem to hit up the game threads often.

And even if he did, I'm sure we'd be fine. Rooting for the Orioles takes precedence over petty, earthly matters.

Archived