TT: Something to consider when talking about Hyun Soo Kim

Tony-OH

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a hypothetical question about Kim (please don't get bent out of shape if you still think he'll be a solid LF)).....if they Orioles decide to let him go or he gets frustrated and decides on his own to go back to Korea and play there' date=' are the Orioles on the hook for his entire salary?[/quote']

I don't think he would be allowed to go back and play for another team unless they could come to an agreement. I don't know for sure but I think the most likely scenario would be they would have to buy him out, which would probably mean eating quite a bit of the money.

You the man, thank you kindly sir.

I know errors happen all the time, we have good days and bad days.

I have yet to see any Kim good days.

Kim made nice play of the faux monster v BOS and made a strong throw to the cut off man. But don't let me interrupt your narrative.

How many major leaguers run ahead on balls hit over the head? They make mistakes but not sure I have seen one like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised you haven't seen misplays like that before, by legit major leaguers.

Just a hypothetical question about Kim (please don't get bent out of shape if you still think he'll be a solid LF)).....if they Orioles decide to let him go or he gets frustrated and decides on his own to go back to Korea and play there' date=' are the Orioles on the hook for his entire salary?[/quote']

If they release him, he gets all of his money. He could decide to go back on his own but I doubt it will happen immediately.

Who's Buck kidding. Kim is signed for 2/7M. He can't be sent to the minors per his contract. Is he suggesting that the O's would release him without him ever getting a ML at bat. That would be embarrassing for Dan Duquette who, I believe, said that Kim was better than Kang. Last time I checked, Duquette has final say on the roster. Add all of that up and Kim is a guarantee to go north. Whether he starts is another question.

Kim can't be sent to the minors without his permission. The O's could talk him into starting the season at AAA. There is no rule against that.

Then again, his hitting streak could start tomorrow.

Kim can't be sent to the minors without his permission. The O's could talk him into starting the season at AAA. There is no rule against that.

Then again, his hitting streak could start tomorrow.

That would be good. I want to this man make the team.

I hope this thread doesn't derail into a discussion about Kim, when there are other places for that.

As to Rickard, he has played well so far this spring and Buck seems to like him. Right now it looks to me like Jones, Kim, Trumo, Reimold and Rickard are the likely outfielders to go north, with Hoes, Alvarez and the rest heading to Norfolk.

I hope this thread doesn't derail into a discussion about Kim, when there are other places for that.

As to Rickard, he has played well so far this spring and Buck seems to like him. Right now it looks to me like Jones, Kim, Trumo, Reimold and Rickard are the likely outfielders to go north, with Hoes, Alvarez and the rest heading to Norfolk.

This is where I'm at as well.

It's about Kim's options, not Kim. Based on the insider discourse that was borderline barbaric and ruthless, clearly this distinction is the one that crosses the line for Frobby:)

Archived