O's sign former Red Sox lefty Hideki Okajima

Yardball85

He was rather unimpressive his last two years with the Red Sox granted he only pitched 8 innings in that last year. He was the set up man to Koji and they made a great duo for the most part.

No invite to ML camp, I doubt much comes of this. Frankly Im not impressed but its not like we are making a big commitment to him.

Still waiting for that big offseason move (outside of Davis) and man I just dont think it is going to happen.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depth signing. No quarrel here.

He has the peculiar habit of snapping his head down on releasing the ball so he's not actually LOOKING at home plate when he throws. Pretty cool. This video doesn't show it very clearly, but it is against the O's.

[video=youtube;hbGw-Do62SU]

Depth signing. No quarrel here.

He has the peculiar habit of snapping his head down on releasing the ball so he's not actually LOOKING at home plate when he throws. Pretty cool. This video doesn't show it very clearly, but it is against the O's.

I was going to post the same thing. I was always amazed that he had any control at all. He's practically looking behind him when he reaches back with his pitching arm, and doesn't look up until the ball is in the mitt.

I heard the name and instantly thought, I feel like we used to crush that guy when he was on the Sox..

Turns out my memory was pretty accurate. He had a 3.09 ERA in 266 career games, but 5.70 in 30 innings against the O's.

I'm channeling my inner-OFFNY again. I remember when Jay Payton hit a grand slam off of him in 2008. They always seemed to have his number.

Archived