Jonathan Schoop could be headed for Stardom

Redskins Rick

One might argue that every squirrel finds nuts sometimes, but for all the grief our scouting/development areas have taken, especially with respect to the international market, there is this.

Born: October 16, 1991 in Willemstad, Curacao (Age 24.303)

Signed by the Baltimore Orioles as an amateur free agent in 2008. (All Transactions)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One might argue that every squirrel finds nuts sometimes, but for all the grief our scouting/development areas have taken, especially with respect to the international market, there is this.

Signed by the Baltimore Orioles as an amateur free agent in 2008. (All Transactions)

Now think what those guys could do with the money other teams spend.

o

BLUE JAYS ANNOUNCERS:

The Orioles are 33-7 in games in which Jonathan Schoop hits a home run.

37-9, now.

Hit one against the Blue Jays tomorrow, and we'll have almost an 80 percent chance to win the game. :D

The Orioles are now 38-0 in games in which Jonathan Schoop has homered in his career.

Also, congratulations to Schoop on his 50th career home run this afternoon ........ talk about making it count !!!) :eektf:

Add him to Wei-Yin Chen and Hyun Soo-Kim and things are better by leaps and bounds (with poor resources like CoC says). Even a AAA guy like Dariel Alvarez is an improvement over the dark age.

I blame Sir Sidney Ponson for everything.

Add him to Wei-Yin Chen and Hyun Soo-Kim and things are better by leaps and bounds (with poor resources like CoC says). Even a AAA guy like Dariel Alvarez is an improvement over the dark age.

I blame Sir Sidney Ponson for everything.

Circa 2007 the company line was that besides slot-bonus draftees every source of talent had too low an ROI to bother with. Well, that and uninspiring $7M/yr Grade C free agents.

The Orioles are now 40-10 in games in which Jonathan Schoop has homered in his career.

Also, congratulations to Schoop on his 50th career home run this afternoon ........ talk about making it count !!!) :eektf:

Speaking of career homers, Manny is at 94 right now. A very good bet that he'll hit #100 by season's end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

o

(vs. RED SOX, September 13th)

NUMBER 24

JONATHAN RUFINO JEZUS SCHOOP

• 2 weeks later...
Schoop has been very disappointing lately. His at bat with Mancini at 2B and nobody out was a very poor situational at bat. He never took a swing that had any possibility of hitting the ball to the right side.

I think Schoop will always be a streaky/limited player until he changes his approach.

He hits the ball so hard and has so much power that he can be pretty good regardless of a lot of adjustments, but to reach that next level he needs to become a more disciplined hitter.

I think Schoop will always be a streaky/limited player until he changes his approach.

He hits the ball so hard and has so much power that he can be pretty good regardless of a lot of adjustments, but to reach that next level he needs to become a more disciplined hitter.

He's never going to change. Been waiting on AJ to change his approach and here we are. Don't look now but Manny is starting to swing at crap.

He's never going to change. Been waiting on AJ to change his approach and here we are. Don't look now but Manny is starting to swing at crap.

This needs to be addressed by the Orioles brass. I don't know how, maybe you bring in more players like Kim. Hold the hitter accountable, if you are going to hack at everything you ride the pine next game.

This needs to be addressed by the Orioles brass. I don't know how, maybe you bring in more players like Kim. Hold the hitter accountable, if you are going to hack at everything you ride the pine next game.

Hard to get guys to be more selective when you give a guy who strikes out over 200 times a year a 7 year contract as a reward.

Archived