Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

We need a RF --- don't we already know Reimold and the other cast of guys can do.

Didn't we already determine that the guys we currently had were not good enough --which is why we signed Fowler

I think we need to get an upgrade in here ASAP.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I think the Orioles will acquire an upgrade. I just think that, as of right now, they're waiting to see which corner spot they'll more likely to have to fill.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Braves hitting coach Kevin Seitzer upbeat about Nick Markakis after a healthy winter: "He's in incredible shape. He looks like a machine"</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">March 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Braves hitting coach Kevin Seitzer upbeat about Nick Markakis after a healthy winter: "He's in incredible shape. He looks like a machine"</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

Good for Nick, he might inch closer to 3 or 4 home runs this year.

If he does, then he probably will only hit 36 or 37 doubles, instead of the 38 that he had last year.

I'm sure they'll take the 180 hits with a .300 avg. and a .370 OBP. And I'd feel comfortable saying he'll hit 10-15 HR and score 80 runs. Basically do what's expected of a leadoff guy. Too bad we don't have that production leading off without putting the guy who should be hitting 3rd there.

I'm sure they'll take the 180 hits with a .300 avg. and a .370 OBP. And I'd feel comfortable saying he'll hit 10-15 HR and score 80 runs. Basically do what's expected of a leadoff guy. Too bad we don't have that production leading off without putting the guy who should be hitting second or fourth there.

Fixed it for you.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Braves hitting coach Kevin Seitzer upbeat about Nick Markakis after a healthy winter: "He's in incredible shape. He looks like a machine"</p>? Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

I hope he has a great year.

I hope he has a great year.

He will. The further away he gets from the surgery the better he will get. I had symptoms start years before I had the same surgery Nick had. I wouldn't be shocked if some of Nick's lack of power in his last couple seasons here weren't due to his neck. I'm just now back to feeling like I've got most of my strength back 2 years post op.

Archived