ST games are half over; There is room for optimism and concern

wildcard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best stories of the spring: Rickard, Bundy, Hardy

Worst stories of the spring: Gonzo, Gallardo, Tillman, Gausman's shoulder, Wieters' elbow.

Overall, if my optimism meter was at 50 on day one of spring training, it's at about 30 right now. I'm extremely worried about the starting pitching.

Worst stories of the spring: Gonzo, Gallardo, Tillman, Gausman's shoulder, Wieters' elbow.

Overall, if my optimism meter was at 50 on day one of spring training, it's at about 30 right now. I'm extremely worried about the starting pitching.

What are you hearing about Gallardo makes him one of the worst stories?

Rickard, Bundy, Harvey and Kim still have me at a 50 on my meter. I'm also keeping in mind not just this year but next year. The window is still a few years and we have money coming off the books next year to address of SP if it really does fail miserably. (seems to be trending that way)

There's a chance that Avery sneaks in among the better stories. Reimold, Urrutia, and Alvarez have been very ordinary in Spring, and Avery's done well in limited time.

He hasn't exactly been impressive in his other appearances.

To me, he has done enough to reinforce my dislike of the signing.

I have seen nothing encouraging from him to date this spring.

I would put Gallardo is the "We do not have enough information" category.

He has pitch 4.1 inning in MLB ST games so far. He last pitched in one of March 14 which is 10 days ago. His last start was rained out. Most of his work has been in the minors. He is a veteran that is not going to rely on velocity to win. I don't know how ready he is for the season. Not just yet. He has a important start coming this week.

To serve man. It's a cookbook.

Gausman if he tried to go home again might have fell off the carousel and ruined his knee. You only get one chance at life and this is his life. Don't ruin it for him. You only get one childhood.

Golden age was 1938-1946.

Damon Knight wrote To Serve Man in 1950.

Archived