1st spring game of the year for me

Tony-OH

I want to be impressed with Wright and then I remember what happened after his first 2 starts last season. He's got the velocity, but does he have the command and breaking stuff? I dunno!

It's a minor league lineup he's facing but he looked sharp tonight. Thought his slider had real good bite.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim looked really bad against the lefty. Pulled his head out on a swing at an oustide fastball, turned in on a curveball that was a strike, then looked really bad on a break ball away on a K. If that bat was any indication, he will struggle mightily against major league lefties.

Nice opposite field single by Kim. I'm not going lie though, haven't heard too many good things about him from people down here. Whispers of a slow bat. He got that unorthodox unbalanced swing that a lot of asian imported hitters have so when he struggles he's going to look bad. Too early to give up on him. He does seem to make some adjustments after looking bad in a AB.

What kind of baseball folks are down there? Are there scouts to talk with?

I saw that DJ Stewart got a couple of late at bats in the early game. I wonder if he's looking any better.

Lots of scouts. I'll check on Stewart,

What kind of baseball folks are down there? Are there scouts to talk with?

I saw that DJ Stewart got a couple of late at bats in the early game. I wonder if he's looking any better.

Talked to a scout who seen him says he's ok. Made a nice play defensively. Scouts thinks he'll be better this year but jury is out.

Nice opposite field single by Kim. I'm not going lie though, haven't heard too many good things about him from people down here. Whispers of a slow bat. He got that unorthodox unbalanced swing that a lot of asian imported hitters have so when he struggles he's going to look bad. Too early to give up on him. He does seem to make some adjustments after looking bad in a AB.
Rickard didn't play tonight but lots of good things being said about him.

Maybe Rickard wins the starting LF job after all. If he's a decidedly better player he should play.

Archived