HUGE start for Tyler Wilson today.

Rene88

From the Sun: Also the Sun changed internet access and now you can read 10 free articles a month.

Wilson pitched into the fourth inning two outings ago ? then pitched just two innings in the intrasquad game ? so it appears that the club is shortening him up as the regular season approaches, possibly preparing him for a major league bullpen role.Wilson pitched into the fourth inning two outings ago ? then pitched just two innings in the intrasquad game ? so it appears that the club is shortening him up as the regular season approaches, possibly preparing him for a major league bullpen role

.http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-righthander-tyler-wilson-shortened-up-against-pirates-20160324-story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You would think that getting him used to a shorter warm up routine would be the plan if they wanted to use him in relief.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HUGE!

A good performance and he probably gets a spot. A bad one, we all panic and the Orioles realize they need more help than they thought from outside the organization.

I want to seem him do well and think he will. To me, he is the only pitcher we have right now that can start. Worley is not very good and Wright is a reliever. Our lack of starting depth frightens me, really would love to have Davvies back, heck even would love to have Logan Verrett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all of us will panic.

You know when I'll really start panicking? When I start to panic over a minor league pitcher in a spring training baseball game. :)

Suggests to me that they're not seriously considering him for the OD rotation.

Reading Wilson's interview he sounded a little surprised they pulled him. Could be that something is up. Maybe a short start to tweak his day to actually place him in the rotation?

Even with his lack of K's, I don't think there's a way that Wilson doesn't make the rotation.

He has such heavy sink, and the results this spring speak for themselves.

He could be Chien-Ming Wang for us.

Yeah, Wilson isn't a strikeout pitcher. I think the Wang comparison is spot on if he ends up being a solid rotation piece for us with a GB rate over 50%.

We only need to start the season with 4 SP. Either they want Wilson as the #8 RP or he will start in Norfolk and possibly be brought up to pitch G 6 if Gausman isn't ready.

So who do you have as our 4th SP, assuming Gausman is out and Wilson is next man up at Norfolk?

Tillman, Ubaldo, Gallardo, ...? Gonzo?

If Scott is correct, Wilson would be pitching Game 4, 4/8. Going backwards, his natural pitching days would be 4/3 (off) and 3/29 (vs Braves) and today 3/24 vs PIT.

In Gordo's scenario, they would be holding Wilson as a backup for 4/10 with Plan A being Gausman. If they want Wilson's natural day to fall on 4/10, they would want him pitching 3/26, 3/31, and 4/5 (O's off). So could be they will stretch him out on the 31st?

So who do you have as our 4th SP, assuming Gausman is out and Wilson is next man up at Norfolk?

Tillman, Ubaldo, Gallardo, ...? Gonzo?

If Scott is correct, Wilson would be pitching Game 4, 4/8. Going backwards, his natural pitching days would be 4/3 (off) and 3/29 (vs Braves) and today 3/24 vs PIT.

I think they would have Gallardo pitching G #4 because he is a week behind.

Archived