Olmos is back

oriolesacox

Various rumors say he may move to the rotation if they can't get a lefty starter via trade or free agency. Perhaps this is just preparing for that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I really hope that isn't our plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Various rumors say he may move to the rotation if they can't get a lefty starter via trade or free agency. Perhaps this is just preparing for that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

If your manager doesn't trust you to come in and get out three right handed batters in a row you are not a rotation candidate.

In a world where Tony Sipp is getting 3/$18 mm, I wouldn't worry about Matusz. The O's could cut him and it would only cost 30 days' pay (about $500 k), but they won't do that. If anything, they'll look to trade him, and there will be takers.

In a world where Tony Sipp is getting 3/$18 mm, I wouldn't worry about Matusz. The O's could cut him and it would only cost 30 days' pay (about $500 k), but they won't do that. If anything, they'll look to trade him, and there will be takers.

I'm not worried about Bmatz at all. I wouldn't have tendered him anyways. All i was trying to say is his time with the Orioles could be done.

They always try to promote the possibility of him being a starter again as well. Good chance if they like what they see with these last 2 lefty options this is the year he gets moved.

Hmm. Lake was DFA already. And the team still has to add the Rule 5 guy and ODay to 40 man.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure we had 39 on the 40-man at the time of the Rule 5 Draft, so that is taken care of already. We will have to DFA someone when we add O'Day, that is true.

This guy doesn't look very good ... Mediocre minor league numbers. Can't see his splits on my phone.

Matusz is pretty much a match up lefty at this point. He only faces righties in blowouts or as a last resort. With the depth of our pen if they think these new options can be effective vs lefties then I think they try to save some money.

Archived