Dan Duquette has given up 2 1st round draft picks...

LookitsPuck

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For 7 years of Gallardo and Ubaldo. Say what you will about Angelos, but he isn't assessing "talent". These are Duquette's moves.

I'm not willing to let Angelos off the hook for this. Gallardo and Ubaldo were available at bargain basement prices (considering their track record) only because they cost a draft pick. If Angelos won't allow DD to spend more than X on a free agent pitcher, and won't allow him to take a flier on someone with a medical history, then what other options does Duquette have left?

I'm not willing to let Angelos off the hook for this. Gallardo and Ubaldo were available at bargain basement prices (considering their track record) only because they cost a draft pick. If Angelos won't allow DD to spend more than X on a free agent pitcher, and won't allow him to take a flier on someone with a medical history, then what other options does Duquette have left?

I think that is going a bit far. I believe that Dan has been able to sign folks that he would want. Most pitchers don't really want to come to the AL East.

I am curious what Toronto DID offer for DD. I would have let him go because it already cost us the offseason. Did they offer nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard, they never made an offer. The Orioles specified what they would accept. Toronto supposedly was never close to a deal. My source for this is a conversation with Dan Connolly and Mel Antonen.

I think that is going a bit far. I believe that Dan has been able to sign folks that he would want. Most pitchers don't really want to come to the AL East.

Most pitchers don't want to pitch in the AL at all.

They certainly don't want to fail the O's physical and see their perceived value drop.

That is why I would rather keep the picks than give them up for guys that are not good enough to have better options available to them.

Not sign them? Not trade draft picks like candy? Not trade young, controllable starters for meh talent?

Archived