Orioles Release Miguel Gonzalez

SticksandStones

Mel Antonen says they would be foolish not to give the fourth slot to Worley and save Wright and Wilson for later in the season. Keep the inning totals down for them.

I could be okay with that to start, but who are the long men in the pen? We need more than one to start the season.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still waiting for the starting pitching improvement. No Gausman, no Chen, no Miguel...oh but we have Gallardo. Great, just great. I hope Miggy signs somewhere, finds the 2 mph and kicks our butt regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am still waiting for the starting pitching improvement. No Gausman, no Chen, no Miguel...oh but we have Gallardo. Great, just great. I hope Miggy signs somewhere, finds the 2 mph and kicks our butt regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand the logic why you hope Gonzo Kicks our Butta? You sure you are an O's Fan?

I am still waiting for the starting pitching improvement. No Gausman, no Chen, no Miguel...oh but we have Gallardo. Great, just great. I hope Miggy signs somewhere, finds the 2 MPH, and kicks our butt regularly.

Gonzalez may very well catch on with another team, and he may even kick our butts when he pitches against us.

But considering that the Orioles not only signed Gonzalez in March of 2012 when nobody else wanted him, but gave him a chance and kept him in the starting rotation for 4 years (including last year when he was pretty bad), I suspect that Gonzalez doesn't have a lot of hard feelings toward the Orioles overall.

Are his feelings hurt ??? Sure.

Is he feeling like the Orioles cut him loose too soon ??? Sure.

But the "I'll show those ungrateful SOB's" factor would not seem to be very high, taking everything into consideration.

Big Gonzo fan. Sad for him, but it needed to be done.

It's hilarious that people were mad at the FO for keeping around guys who weren't producing (Norris, Hunter, Gonzo, every RF'er) last year, and now that they are being proactive about getting rid of players who aren't producing before the season even starts, people are still complaining.

Big Gonzo fan. Sad for him, but it needed to be done.

It's hilarious that people were mad at the FO for keeping around guys who weren't producing (Norris, Hunter, Gonzo, every RF'er) last year, and now that they are being proactive about getting rid of players who aren't producing before the season even starts, people are still complaining.

I don't recall seeing a single complaint in this 13-page thread. Sad to see him go does not mean that anyone disagrees with the decision. Definitely a good move for the O's and probably for Gonzo to avoid Bud Norris redux and I think everyone on the board understands that.

I don't recall seeing a single complaint in this 13-page thread. Sad to see him go does not mean that anyone disagrees with the decision. Definitely a good move for the O's and probably for Gonzo to avoid Bud Norris redux and I think everyone on the board understands that.

"Hope he kicks our butts", the entire Kim thread.

Archived