Bordick and the Koolaid

Roll Tide

While watching the game last night Mike commented that Jimenez was the Orioles most consistent starter last year. These comments kill me as it's just not true.

Jimenez was very good the first half and he made 32 starts at a 4.+ era. His second half was not nearly as good.

However Chen was clearly the better and most consistent starter. He made 31 starts and pitched to a mid 3 era.

Hard to maintain respect when he is spewing stuff that just is not true.

**** Also in case you did not notice Chen had a rough 1st outing giving up 5 runs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought, within the context of the conversation, he was referring to the remaining pitchers. But maybe not.

Bordick gets on my nerves with his constant "in the zone" and "quality" phrases he throws around ALL the time.

I know people like to give Bordick crap about being an O's homer, but I'm starting to think he's very positive in general, he just happens to talk a lot more about Orioles players because he's on the O's broadcast. He was talking about how great Suzuki was as a catcher for quite some time last night, for example.

Yeah .... I'll bet several posters on here could do a much better job doing color. Not me as I'd probably be too much of a homer. Still he should say things that are not true. His statement does not even pass the eye test. Anyone who was watching last season knows Jimenez got off to a hot start and then was just decent the rest of the way. Chen was the reliable guy and clearly gave the Orioles the best chance to win.

I know people like to give Bordick crap about being an O's homer, but I'm starting to think he's very positive in general, he just happens to talk a lot more about Orioles players because he's on the O's broadcast. He was talking about how great Suzuki was as a catcher for quite some time last night, for example.

No problem what he talks about as long as it's factual. That is my only point here.

I can't stand it when our hometown commentators - particularly guys that are former players - speak highly of our guys during a game that we're winning and looking pretty damn good in the process.

Bordick. The nerve of this guy. Somebody call the Jerk Store - their stock is dwindling.

He is a "homer", but he isn't negative about the opposition either. The O's first run was clearly a misplay by Sano....It should have been first and third with two outs. Bordick made no remark as to the poor thinking on Sano's play. If Trumbo made that same play he would have been toast here for the next 6 months (and if he didn't dive for it, everyone would have said Nick would have got it).

I can't stand it when our hometown commentators - particularly guys that are former players - speak highly of our guys during a game that we're winning and looking pretty damn good in the process.

Bordick. The nerve of this guy. Somebody call the Jerk Store - their stock is dwindling.

I know you're half-joking, but it's not the well-deserved praise that annoys me.

One moment that stands out to me was a recent Spring Training game where he lauded Wieters for throwing to first base on a steal attempt. Bordick acted like it was a heady play because the field was damp and the runner could have slipped and returned to first.

Cool, but he didn't slip and the runner stole 2nd base easily. The throw to first clearly took Davis by surprise, and Wieters was lucky it didn't end up in right field.

Praising someone for a dumb baseball play is annoying. I saw what happened. Don't insult my intelligence.

I know you're half-joking, but it's not the well-deserved praise that annoys me.

One moment that stands out to me was a recent Spring Training game where he lauded Wieters for throwing to first base on a steal attempt. Bordick acted like it was a heady play because the field was damp and the runner could have slipped and returned to first.

Cool, but he didn't slip and the runner stole 2nd base easily. The throw to first clearly took Davis by surprise, and Wieters was lucky it didn't end up in right field.

Praising someone for a dumb baseball play is annoying. I saw what happened. Don't insult my intelligence.

I was 1000% joking. Threads like this bug me. Or, at least, I am befuddled by them. For the life of me, I can't figure out how or why this topic has such an impact on any O's fan that they have to start a thread (really, over the life of the OH and Bordick's tenure as a MASN broadcaster, there have been multiple) about why they hate a FORMER O'S PLAYER so much. It's just wacky to me.

Now, I should probably consider taking my own advice and just steer clear of a thread like this, but I'm a million times more annoyed by this random negativity than I am with Mike Bordick's homer tendencies.

Just don't get me started on FP Santangelo... :vader:

I was 1000% joking. Threads like this bug me. Or, at least, I am befuddled by them. For the life of me, I can't figure out how or why this topic has such an impact on any O's fan that they have to start a thread (really, over the life of the OH and Bordick's tenure as a MASN broadcaster, there have been multiple) about why they hate a FORMER O'S PLAYER so much. It's just wacky to me.

Now, I should probably consider taking my own advice and just steer clear of a thread like this, but I'm a million times more annoyed by this random negativity than I am with Mike Bordick's homer tendencies.

Just don't get me started on FP Santangelo... :vader:

I totally am on board with you! Good Post!

I know they like to call this a discussion board, and that's what it is.

But, sometimes, people just post stuff to stir the pot and incite the hate.

Just gotta say.... this is a "home" team station, giving "home" team coverage.

I would challenge anyone to tell me it's any worse than any other broadcast team.

Yeah... I'm a homer. I'm glad to be one too.

Support your home team or go watch Jerry Remy.

Archived