VOTE for Joey Rickard (And the Other Orioles)

OFFNY

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joey Rickard is not an all-star player. I am sure you can easily find 15 outfielders more deserving of an all-star vote than him.

Not 15. Rickard is pretty close to All-Star worthy in this very young season so far. Trumbo is a far more worthy vote, however. He is easily deserving of a start in the All-Star game -- so far anyway.

Rickard is ranked 10th among AL LF for fWAR.

This is NOT what All-Star voting is about!

Note: if you vote on MLB.com and just leave the tab open, you just go in the next day and keep voting. No need to make your picks again. Nice they didn't expire the cookie.

I think getting a rest before the second half of the season is more important than an exhibition game.

I don't even watch the all-star game. It's completely meaningless. Maybe if it was the top players from each league, I would be interested. This (short) thread just reinforces all that for me; it means nothing if everyone

is just going to make the home town vote regardless of whether or not the player is at least in the top 5 in the league at their position. I don't think I've ever really cared about all star games.

I don't even watch the all-star game. It's completely meaningless. Maybe if it was the top players from each league, I would be interested. This (short) thread just reinforces all that for me; it means nothing if everyone

is just going to make the home town vote regardless of whether or not the player is at least in the top 5 in the league at their position. I don't think I've ever really cared about all star games.

I did as a child.

They are great for kids.

Archived