Could Lincecum still be an option for us, and should he be?

xian4

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Giant's perspective why not risk a little cash on 'ol Timmy. They are selling out random weekday day games in spring, I assume they got some change to spare.

Seems that Giants are only interested in him as a bullpen piece and Timmy wants a rotation spot

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15477824/tim-lincecum-sharp-showcase-role

If Lincecum were to work as a starter, he'd need better fastball command than was evident in this workout and much better command than he has displayed in his recent healthy seasons. The electric, bat-missing fastball is gone, and more refined pitch location is needed. The secondary pitches are still solid enough for short-stint smoke and mirrors, but to pitch every fifth day and through a lineup multiple times requires a substantive foundation of sustainable fastball velocity or command -- or both -- and neither are evident with Lincecum right now.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-dan-duquette-tim-lincecum-free-agent-20160509-story.html

Dan Duquette: Tim Lincecum likely to get starting job west of Mississippi River

Yep, never thought we were going to get him. If he was bad enough that no one was interested, we shouldn't want him anyway. If it looked like he had something left in the tank, why would he chose Baltimore over a team further west, in a better pitcher's park, or in the NL? Made no sense.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-dan-duquette-tim-lincecum-free-agent-20160509-story.html

Dan Duquette: Tim Lincecum likely to get starting job west of Mississippi River

Yep, never thought we were going to get him. If he was bad enough that no one was interested, we shouldn't want him anyway. If it looked like he had something left in the tank, why would he chose Baltimore over a team further west, in a better pitcher's park, or in the NL? Made no sense.

Sorry for the double post. My browser made it look like the first attempt to post was hung forever so I tried a second, and apparently it nudged the first one. Sort of like when your food item is hanging by the corner of the package refusing to drop down to the bottom of the vending machine, so you have to buy another of the same item to dislodge both.

Sorry for the double post. My browser made it look like the first attempt to post was hung forever so I tried a second, and apparently it nudged the first one. Sort of like when your food item is hanging by the corner of the package refusing to drop down to the bottom of the vending machine, so you have to buy another of the same item to dislodge both.

You could have just deleted the second post. That is what I do when it happens to me.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Once it's finalized, Tim Lincecum's contract with the Angels will be a major league deal. Guaranteed dollars still unclear at this point.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">May 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived