vs. WHITE SOX, 4/28

Sessh

We are #6 in runs allowed (#11 in ERA), and that includes all of Gallardo's lousy starts.

The pitching has really turned it on lately. Oddly enough, ever since Gallardo went to the DL pretty much.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• And fouled off a hanging curveball right over the middle of the plate. That was the one to hit.
    • I was looking at career wRC+ on Fangraphs at 3000 PA the other day, and they have the Negro Leagues guys mixed in.    Soto and Judge near 3500 PA right now have about as many as some of those guys. Judge is running ahead of him by now, but Soto has the October wins over Hader, Kershaw, Cole while postseason Judge is ~200 PA of hitting .210. Absent an upset, this season is probably rolling towards Burnes-Bradish-Grayson competing with Soto-Judge about 30 times if an ALDS goes its 5-game distance. I'm curious to see if Sigbot arranges the big 3 for the first Yankee Stadium visit about 3 weeks out.  
    • Using the pen for 9+ outs a game is wearing them down. We’re protecting the starters. I think we could see Akin optioned as a way to deload him.  Does Elias’ strategy actually make sense if you think about it?  He knew coming into the season how much we were going to use the pen. So spend money on proven guys, or prospects as currency, when we’d just wear them down anyway. I think we planned for this. We’ll load up on “fresh” arms around the deadline.  Fire up the shuttle.  Deload Akin a bit. Who replaces him?  Baker?  I actually like Baker. Krook is looking alright in AAA as well.
    • Has there been any update on where Aneuris Rodriguez will play and when? 
    • Also can’t fault Hyde because we’re clearly doing the load management thing with our SP and we should be. Heck, only Burnes and Irvin haven’t hit the IL. I always go back to the comment about how Hyde said we were so tired in the playoffs last year and needed that break.  I think the strategy is that the bullpen is replaceable part’s essentially other than the top guys over 162. We’ll see how Elias GMs at the deadline. 
    • Yeah he probably would have, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have had the opportunity in the 6th. It’s not a fail one time and you’re out sport. 
    • Is Nevin more valuable to us than Urias right now?  I’d say no, but it’s closer than it was on OD. At least Nevin would have a role. Starter vs LHP. 
  • Popular Contributors