Janish up: ? down

wildcard

Keep in mind, everybody wanted Jake gone, and of course, most of those, now claim they didn't want him gone.

Illogical comparison. Matusz is a free agent after this year (or next?) And doesn't have a chance of starting again. His value is defined with no chance to grow.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was not against the Arrieta trade at the time. I'm still not against it. Jake had his chances here, for whatever reason (I know there are a lot of them), it wasn't going to happen here.

Matusz has definitely had value over the last few years (although I have advocated trading him before), but for some reason he's not what we expected he would be. If he goes somewhere else and has success, then so be it. Sometimes people do just need changes of scenery. That is a real thing. Christ Davis wasn't Chris Davis in Texas. Darren O'Day wasn't an All-Star there either.

He might not have been selected to an all-star game but O'Day put up a 253 ERA+ in '09 and a 221 ERA+ in '10.

A light-bulb did not suddenly go off when he got to Baltimore.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Matusz, other than matching up with Big Papi. The fact that we're paying him $3.9Mil makes me nauseous.

Yep, but people love him on here.

Honestly, we need starters, I would have given him one more shot to start. What's it hurt?

Givens has been pitching in key spots regularly. Buck isn't going to yank Wright or Wilson based on one start to replace them by someone who might be worse. When is the last time you saw McFarland in a game? He gone.

Agreed, it will be TJ.

Agreed.

Worley has been pitching well? He blew a game when he needed to get 1 out. Yeah, that isn't well to me.

Worley fired a 2 out, strike 3 pitch right down the pipe that should have ended that rally, but didn't, thanks to a horribly blown umpire call.

Fault him for bad performance he's responsible for, but don't criticize him for things he can't control.

Worley fired a 2 out, strike 3 pitch right down the pipe that should have ended that rally, but didn't, thanks to a horribly blown umpire call.

Fault him for bad performance he's responsible for, but don't criticize him for things he can't control.

He was out of the country. He has no idea what happened.

Keeping with the original theme of this thread i will opine the following:

Today is Tuesday, Janish will not become available off Paternity Leave until Saturday, a LOT can happen between now and then. Instead of picking who goes or stays I would allow for this to play out until Friday Night. The possibility of TJ McFarland, Mike Wright or Tyler Wilson playing their way off the Twenty-Five either from McFarland Maximizing a one game innings limit and not being available for three to four days could play into it. McFarland makes an appearance for either Wright or Wilson because they stink up the joint may make the decision easier to demote one or the other. Any injury to any of the Twenty-Five that sends them to the 15 Day DL could occur. A LOT of "What-Ifs" that need to play out before Saturday.

I agree completely, but I think that it was mostly Wieters' fault.

Steve Stone immediately picked up on it, and stated that he believed that the pitch would have been called a strike had Wieters not gotten up and cocked his arm.

Worley essentially got the 3rd out that was needed, but his teammate nullified it by (for all intents and purposes) telling the umpire that the pitch was a ball.

Archived