Rickard, Does He Ever Lay One Down?

ORIOLE33

I honestly believe, if Kim was in the lineup more often, he'd be a much better hitter than Rickard, who, I'm afraid to say, strikes me as a 240-250 type hitter. But he does have speed. I'll like to see him use it more.

I don't know maybe, but last few times Kim has played all we got out of him is weak dribblers to the right side I think Rickard is still the better option of the 2.

Joey Rickard's OBP is .315. The AL OBP is .317. It's not like Buck is leading off Mario Mendoza here, especially considering his plate discipline and minor league track record.

So you like that Rickard is in the lineup every single day while Reimold and Kim rot on the bench?

It would be one thing if Rickard was a high ceiling prospect, but he isn't. I think both of the other guys should at least be playing more often as both have higher offensive ceilings.

So you like that Rickard is in the lineup every single day while Reimold and Kim rot on the bench?

It would be one thing if Rickard was a high ceiling prospect, but he isn't. I think both of the other guys should at least be playing more often as both have higher offensive ceilings.

Not every day, no. But I'm fine with some kind of time-sharing platoon. I'd like to think Rickard has some OBP upside that makes him useful.

Being the offensive stalwart he already is why would you want him to bunt?

Apparently he's another guy that Showalter is in love with, which means he'll be in the lineup every day until he gets down to the Flaherty line.

Then Ryan will take his spot. If Joey can bunt to move a runner over then fine. I

don't think he would bunt unless Buck called for it.

The funny thing is Nick Markakis would be a perfect fit for this team. Yes he has zero power with an iso hovering around .080 but he's also on pace to draw 100 walks this year. If the Braves are willing to pick up a portion of the contract, I wouldn't mind the Orioles exploring the option of bringing him back.

The funny thing is Nick Markakis would be a perfect fit for this team. Yes he has zero power with an iso hovering around .080 but he's also on pace to draw 100 walks this year. If the Braves are willing to pick up a portion of the contract, I wouldn't mind the Orioles exploring the option of bringing him back.
If they are willing to throw in some salary.

I agree he should not be batting lead off or getting as much playing time as he does. I was just curious why many posters don't seem to like his defense. I am probably just oblivious

His defense is fine. Some metrics in small samples disparaged it. He also missed a couple cutoff men early. Some folks use this as a reason to complain that Kim is not starting ahead of him.

Archived