What, no Matusz appreciation thread?

Moose Milligan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure.

This article mentions Matusz, Arrieta, Tillman, and Bergesen.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-06-21/sports/bs-sp-orioles-pitchers-0622-20100621_1_brian-matusz-orioles-era

Trembley made the quote in 2009 I believe and at that point Britton had just finished one year in Delmarva.

There was a picture, I think from the Sun, that included some additional players. I don't recall exactly who was in it.

There was a picture, I think from the Sun, that included some additional players. I don't recall exactly who was in it.

Hernandez and Berken. (I'm pretty sure the sixth guy was Berken)

Eh, I guess it was Patton and not Berken.

Is the one in the middle Bergesen or Jim Johnson? I sometimes get them confused.

I'm going to guess it's Matusz, Tillman, and Arrieta in the back row, and Berken, Bergesen, and Hernandez in the front. I think Jim Johnson had long removed himself from being part of the youth cavalry by the time this picture got taken.

Troy Patton Jake Arrieta David Hernandez Chris Tillman Brian Matusz Brad Bergeson

Hernandez is having a big year for the Phillies out of the pen. With his former GM Andy Mcphail.

I'd like to say that Matusz would go to a team that's out of it and log some innings. But can you get more out of it than the Braves? They are going to DFA right after getting him. One would think they would be the perfect team to let him build some value and trade him for something at the deadline. Who would he be blocking? O'flaherty,31, and his 6 ERA?

On a side note the Braves now have Markakis, Jim Johnson, Norris and traded for Matusz. And even Kelly Johnson. Also they have former OH crushes in Erick Aybar and Gordan Beckham. They're like the team we all wanted in 2010.

On a side note the Braves now have Markakis, Jim Johnson, Norris and traded for Matusz. And even Kelly Johnson. Also they have former OH crushes in Erick Aybar and Gordan Beckham. They're like the team we all wanted in 2010.

This is pretty amazing actually. And they have a .279 winning % to go along with all that. Is that 'replacement level' I wonder?

Archived